When will a motor move you?

just found that little piece: CLICK

35x30 300kV

Now you need to gear it down 3:1 roughly.

That thing can pull like 7A/140w, its even less than most quadcopter motorsā€¦

This is much better as

just found that little piece

You should never have ā€œclick hereā€ on anything. It is a hallmark of bad design. In EVERY case, you can make it beter by removing the thing that says ā€œclick hereā€ or ā€œclickā€ or ā€œtapā€ or ā€œhereā€. Itā€™s like having a keyboard where the M is not written on the key, but off to the side, with an arrow pointing to the key that says ā€œpush thereā€

the question is to find the best kV/power ratio.

since you mostly need torque only for the start, when the boardā€™s moving it shouldnt be this high.

6S is the max battery you can use. For a top RPM of 7560. Geared down 3:1 yields a max RPM 2520RPM With 50mm wheels, that is 14.75mph.

hey smartypants, the only thing you did in this thread is to correct people. how about beeing productive and helping with the real question?

seems pretty alright, since it shouldā€™nt be a highspeed thing.

i donā€™t really know if the people on here only care for speed - but for me that looks just like this.

ever stood on a normal skateboard? ever drove more than 20km/h on a skateboard? try it, you never want to do it again.

The smallest motors Iā€™ve used were 5065 and they are more than enough power. I donā€™t know, I suppose itā€™s directly related to the hills you want to be able to make it up ā€¦ because even the tiniest motor will be able to keep you rolling on level ground.

So, what kind of hill do you need to take?

Iā€™m just doing the math dudeā€¦ No need to get defensive.

Way to be rude to the one person who was trying to help.

i do not think about hillclimbing at all, only small gradients, just for cruising around the city -everything here is flat, maybe 2% or 3%ā€¦

it should move me in the city from a to b, not for long distances or sth. like you would use a normal skateboard for.

Get a motor rated at 500W max, and drive it at 200W max.

1 Like

please do not take it down the wrong pipe, i never meant to be verabally abusive to you.

i just talking about the facts, i stood many years on a normal skateboard, i just think most people here did not, so they dont know how it is to go fast on those tiny things.

Try this 750kv 3639 and let us know how it goes. Iā€™d try driving it at 5S

Youā€™ll probably have to kick-push to start moving but it might keep you moving pretty well.

edit: it says 3S voltage in the specs, try that

1 Like

Iā€™ve been riding skateboards for 14yrs on and off now. Iā€™ve done plenty of park skating as well as dh for a while now. I know what it feels like.

7A max for the motor at 300kv gives you a max torque of 0.023Nm. Geared 3:1 means 0.07Nm

2 Likes

According to hk, max voltage is 3S which might be too low. E: I just saw your edit

1 Like

i think the only way to find out which motor is the best is trying. i think staying with 30-40mm diameter outrunner would be enough. need to look for a gearing now, think ill start with plastic gears since this will be the most often swapped part to find the right ratioā€¦

The main issue is still gearingā€¦ How do you gear it down enough? Does hk make cheap planetary gear boxes??? Iā€™ve only ever used Kontronik and Reisenauer, which are prohibitedly expensive.

Then, how do you attach to the wheel?

3 axles :slight_smile:

Ew. No. Thatā€™d be ugly