Where to get slick tires for a mountainboard?

I had ‘‘star hubs’’. Can show a picture.

The are made for 9’’ tires, so not to confuse with 8’’ ones, which have a different shape…

Tires were rated for 50 PSI.

Sorry for the laziness, I was from phone, though I still dont know how to calculate these two measurements on my own in the head :smiley:

These hubs are a very very old design, still found on cheap boards. They look strong but are in fact the opposite.

Frank

Aluminium would be great. Though, I had them on when I got my board, plus, the tires were in great shape, by buying aluminium ones I would not be able to use the tires…

Agree that aluminium hubs are way to go… bearings ‘‘rattle’’ in these plastic hubs, as they does not fit perfectly into the bearing hole / place. I think evolve riders actually experience something similar… they call it ‘‘rattle snake’’ :smiley: as that’s the sound it makes in some cases.

Our Superstars have alloy spokes and a plastic rim. This has proven to be the best design. Top spec plastic is more flexible and will go back to shape after deformation. Alloy would need to be quite thick and would be heavy.

Frank

6" Aluminum hubs? http://psychotiller.com/product/6-billet-wheel-hubs

Hey do you know which of your inner tubes are better for top speed?

They are all the same if it comes to speed. The thicker ones are less vulnerable to punctures.

Frank

1 Like