Which BMS should I choose for a 10s lipo setup?

The one I use is only $49 + PayPal fee and shipping. $100 is a lot to pay more for an onboard fuel gauge and to be able to adjust settings at home. And that doesn’t include the extra you have to pay for the module to connect to your PC. I don’t think its worth it. But thats just my opinion.

1 Like

Money isn’t the reason for me, as i told it is space. And i will keep doing so till a decent but still small bms is available.

From Germany: Smart BMS 10s, about 80A. So you can choose what cutoff Voltage you like, when it should start balancing and so on. Also it´s one of the smallest bms around:

http://www.groetech.de/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26&products_id=677

2 Likes

That one from chargery BMS16 is $89

Yes, space is always an issue when building an E-board.

1 Like

I couldn’t find a diagram for this BMS. Does anyone happen to have one?

Which bms…?

This one

1 Like

Thank you!!

your welcome

Are you doing Lipos or Li-ions? did you order batteries yet?

I am planning to use these batteries to make my own battery packs. They are Li-ion.

Also I’m going to do 2x5S battery packs

Maximum NCR18650B discharge amp limit is 6.7 Amps under continuous current load.

these cells have too low current capability for Eskate You would need at least 100 cells for a mediocre pack. Cost $411 not even a bargain.

You could do something like this build I did, it’s Small, Light weight and powerful. 300a constant 600a peak 5000mah. The cost for 5 of these 2s packs is about $130

If you prefer to use Li-ions, the word on the street is Samsung 30Q are the cells to use.

So if I wanted to use those li-ons, I would build it like a normal battery pack?

With those you’d need 40 cells for a 10s4p

I can’t do 10s1p?

Not with Li-ions However, You can with Lipos