Which Li-Ion Battery? How to charge with BMS?

Also, your motor pulley has a 6mm bore while your motor has a 8mm shaft. So that won’t work unless you bore out the pulley to 8mm.

Oh shoot. Which part is that from the list? And can you recommend where I can find a compatible part?

thanks

If you don’t want to play any guessing games with part compatibility, get stuff from DIYelectricskateboard, enertion, ollin, miami electricboards, or another esk8 shop.

The parts are the motor pulley and the motor on the list. Most common bore size is 8mm, so as long as the motor shaft is 8mm and the motor pulley has a 8mm bore, you should be set.

With 6s, you’ll need 10000 mah to go 10-12 miles 6s is very smooth and easy to control. With 12s, 10000 mah should get you 20 miles but it’s much faster with jerky acceleration so it’s harder to control.

1 Like

I think the Basen 26650 li-ions are fairly economical because there less than $8 ea. And there 4500mah so you only need half as many. And there rated at 40amp continuous although some have claimed that they are good for 25 amp cont. Still better than 25r. And if you make a 2p pack, you’ve got 9000mah and 50amp continuous draw.

How many miles would that be able to go and at what speed in a 6s2p setup?

Depends on motor KV, gear ratio, rider weight. Here’s an example: Rider weight 185lbs Motor 230kv Gearing 16/36 6s2p battery Top speed around 15 mph on flat ground Range would be apx. 10 miles

Okay cool. And which BMS from these would I need?

The highest Amp rating one, 60A. You have less volts and you will be pulling more current to get the same wattage.

I would also recommend the 60amp and its a good idea to put a 40a or 50a inline fuse between the bms output and the ESC.

Where would I find one of those? Is this it?

Also if I got a 8s, 10s, or 12s BMS for example, would it be compatible with a 6s build?

Jex Electronics In-Line Car ATC/ATO Blade Fuse Holder Waterproof 10AWG Upto 40A 12V/24V/32V DC https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AKDHPMC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_h6DDxbFS0DA03

Here’s a pulley for a belt with a 5mm pitch. If you need one.

xll pulleys are known for not having as deep grooves