Which Plug for 4A charger?

Hello, I´m going to buy this charger https://de.aliexpress.com/item/42-V-4A-Li-Ion-Ladeger-t-Aluminium-Fall-F-r-10-S-36-V-Lipo/32887667488.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.259.6dd83c002YvFwY but I´m not sure which plug I should choose. Is the normal DC plug good enough for 4A charging or should I better go with the XT60? I think the XLR is a little bit bulky. What do you recommend? Thanks

5.5mm X 2.1mm dc plug

XT30 10char

4A is close to the limit for most 5.5 x 2.1mm plugs. That said, 5.5 x 2.1mm barrel plug is by far the most common so if you ever get stuck without a charger and need to charge, you have a lot more chances to find one with this type of plug.

I use this type of plug with my 4A charger. It gets slightly warm but not hot, so I think it is ok.

Well has someone tried 5.5-6.5A with same barrel plug? I guess we will find out how much it heats up then

Thanks, I will go with the normal DC then.

Another question, does 4A charging is too much and maybe it´s better for the batteries to charge with 3A or even 2A for longer lasting and not stressing the batteries so much? What do you think?

I charge at 2a

Its very slow. I think 3a is the perfect balance

1 Like

It all depends on cells and configuration you have. In most cases you want to stay bellow 1C, and preferably around 0.5C.

Thinking of buying 5x 2S2P 5000mAh and make a 10S 5000mAh. So if the best is charging at 0.5C, then a 2A or 3A charger would be better for the batteries. Thanks for the info, will go with a smaller charger then.

Don’t. Go for the 4A charger. 1C is standard charge rate for a LiPo. The 0.5C you were quoted was for LiIon cells.

1 Like

Alright, thanks. Yes I will go with LiPo packs. I will stick with the 4A charger if it´s not bad for the batteries. It´s still under 1C with a 5000mAh pack.

8amps everyday! No issue so far…

4 Likes

yeah, i was talking about li-io, should have mentioned that, my bad. LiPo can generally take and output a lot more than liion. 4A will be fine for that setup

well, you wont have any obvious issues, just the cycle life will be slightly reduced