Why do all the remotes suck? What am I missing?

I like the hoyt but it is all the moneys

1 Like

The GT2B is just too big for me man its yuuuuuge

1 Like

They are designed for the rc world. Been around for ages and cross connections during a race etc just can’t happen so a lot more effort has been put in to safeguard that. I’m sure that someone will chime in with the tech deets though but I use gt remotes in most of my cars and one build without an issue too. Just not keen on the finger trigger for esk8 and if its not broke don’t fix it really.

2 Likes

xT0GqIsBdw6mkKbq0g

1 Like

Yea, strangely the v2 Maytech seems to be advertised as having active frequency hopping like the GT2B. For whatever reason it obviously doesn’t seem to work as well as the GT2B though

2 Likes

Nothing seems to bother mine in every application even carbon enclosures. Group rides etc. Its tough as nails and lasts too long tbh Keep forgetting to charge it and even when it dies on you it gives you a ten minute reprieve to get home on. Lost connection like that a couple of times and it just gently brakes the board to a stop. Maybe you just were victim to the old chinese QA check 1 in 500 and all good. Hope I’m not the exception because I’ve been singing its praises for a while now. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Anyone use the mad munkey case on thier GT remote?

Honestly I use the nano remote and I’ve never had any sort of connection problem

collections/remote-controller/products/torqueboards-2-4ghz-nano-remote-controller

3 Likes

What 3d printed case? Edit: Mad Munkey. Gotcha.

As for me, I’m still waiting for this badboy to materialise:

1 Like

thumb remotes are out of the question for me, so it’s exclusively the mini.

but lacking trigger discipline could cause problems since it’s exposed and could pull in throttle by mistake.

been caught out multiple times accidentally triggering the throttle and board flying away. last time it happened it was a $400 mistake.

6 Likes

ooh, that looks promising. dead man’s switch for the throttle is a nice touch.

Having just gone to the Evolve R2 remote, I prefer throttle/brake all in one, not separate. Maybe I’ll get used to it over time though.

I really like my evolve remote, and all the information on a color screen. Never had a dropout. Big problem is the proprietary nature of evolve – I am ditching everything from the esc down to move on to a 12s focbox unity here in a little while. But i agree with the post, someone should make a great remote, this is the part of the skateboard someone touches. Think like apple – that is where you put in the extra effort.

1 Like

@torqueboards had something in their pipline from what I remember earlier this year (potentially with telemetry). No idea where thats at though.

I just want the basic remotes to be more affordable.

Are you talking in stock form? there are various MODs that makes the perfect size IMO

2 Likes

Could you pm me some? Maytech failed again today… @Mikenopolis

@eb1925 Check the following threads. It’s for the “Chozen” and “Mad Munkey” mod

For Chozen, you will have to buy the stock remote and 3D printed enclosure off him on Ebay

For Mad Munkey, you can find the file on thingiverse? and printed it yourself. OR you can order on that’s made by Joel/@FLATLINEcustoms

5 Likes

You can fit an 18650 in a mini

Flipsky is in the process of making a R2 clone remote.

3 Likes

Yup I’ve just saw that thread. I have no idea how I’ve missed that. Great news.