Why don’t more regular (non mtb) esk8s mount their battery and vesc on top?

It doesn’t look out of place on a mountain board… Bonus being able to swap battery’s Do you use foot straps?

on the trampa, yeah I will be putting bindings on it. that build is going to have @Nowind’s MBS chain drive on it.

the other board is a 12s8p, 4wd (carvon) on urethane. range must be insane

1 Like

It looks insane…lol

You might be a bit saddle sore after that lol

Nice work on the battery…hope it goes well :call_me_hand: You should check out…lol

2 Likes

yea I’m going to try to take it from my place in Manhattan to bear mountain, which is about 45 miles in one direction. no bms in this build. I made 2 6S 8P packs and they are connected in series. I have a smart balance charger capable of charging both batteries at the same time at 15A

2 Likes

20180801_191848

top mount evo gang :laughing:

It doesnt look terrible, but I already have a new build with the battery under it :wink:

3 Likes

Looks ridiculous and affects handling, at least when ppl shove black boxes in the middle it handles better. It still looks a mess mind lol.

1 Like

I have looked at a bunch of top mounted battery and esc. They are well done however look very busy to me especially when you add bindings. I think as @mmaner stated it not wrong however a balanced underboard mount helps with lower center of gravity, thighter package and for me personally just looks cleaner. I am running under deck a have aluminum fully enclosed battery and esc. It is waterproof and has taken some hard hits. The result of these hits has been scratches but not dents or deformation.

If you can make it work I am +1 for bottom mount that being said top mount obviously works well for many.

Kevin

1 Like

Great solution for quick testing. I’ve done it a few times. I have had only like 10S1P battery on it though, so not much weight.

I think top mounting a dual esc is not a bad idea if it does not get in the way. But the battery needs to be on the bottom cause it’s heavy as truck. Lower center of gravity.

I have Lipos topmounted on my onda longa deck.

Weight on rear truck is bad at high speed. It wants to wobble. These truck are shit for speed. The way the bushing are used in tear instead of compression is no good imo. I can feel the top heavy batteries when carving hardish. But I manage. It’s easy swap. Which I prefer more. And yeah. Ofc it doesn’t look good. It’s a trade off.

IMG_20180822_173427

1 Like

On my old setup i used a big 10s 10p battery made from 18650 cells, i put it on top but it made the board less fun to ride. also constantly having to stand on the edges of my board was a pain in the a**