Will this setup work?

Looking at getting a Multistar High Capacity 10000mAh 6S 10C Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack for my Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6374-192kv Brushless Outrunner Motor. Specs: Turns: 14T Voltage: 10~12S Lipoly RPM/V: 192kv Internal resistance: 0.016 Ohm Max Loading: 80A Max Power: 2750W Shaft Dia: 8.0mm Bolt holes: 32mm Bolt thread: M4 Weight: 858g Motor Plug: 4.0mm Bullet Connector

Will this work? I will be running 2 of these in series to get a 12s setup. Im getting confused with the whole c rating thing. I want it to have plenty of power and good range. I know my VESC can handle Current: Up to 240A for a few seconds or 50A continous

They work but people including myself haven’t had great experience with these huge multistar packs (also keep in mind these things are huge it’s basically a full regular brick size per battery). I over-discharged one of the cells in one of the packs (basically kills the whole pack, can remove the damaged cells but is nerve racking and not worth it) and also had trouble making an enclosure that would hold them and not scrape the ground everywhere so I ended up downgrading in both voltage and capacity and going down to 5Ah 10S (two 5S in series) another good option is to just go with a bunch of 3S in series so you can make a flatter pack it’s just more wiring work.

1 Like