Will this wheel pulley fit on my Onsra trucks? What motor pulleys to get. Gear ratio questins.etc

I’d like to increase the top speed when riding with thane’ wheels. My motor pulley is 14T and my current kegel adapter is 45T for a ratio of 3.2:1. I’ve got the 85mm purple Caguamas and top speed was pretty low around 24mph with the original old/shite ESC. Not sure with the current VESC.

I’ve heard a gear ratio of 2.25:1 is the sweet spot for smaller wheels and want to go 16T motor pulley and 36T wheel pulley.

Going from 3.2:1 to 2.25:1 should increase my top speed and decrease my torque correct? I don’t want to lose too much torque though…

Is there any way to confirm that these pulleys will fit on my trucks?

I’ve got Onsra Black Carve gen 1 trucks. The axles that you mount the bearings/pulleys/wheels on require 10mm inner diameter bearings (2 on the pulleys) and farther down, standard 8mm inner diameter bearings (on the wheels). Where can I get some good quality motor pulleys from that will fit my motors?

Thanks

Some pictures of my current 45T kegel pulleys. May help…

1 Like

Only way to know is to measure it:

2 Likes

Am I measuring from the right spot on the truck? Getting 2.125" or 54mm.

Add a bearing there and then measure from the motor mount to the bearing itself. If it does pass 16mm, you’re good. 17mm is like the max. you should be good. If not, then a little diy wouldnt hurt. The way you measured it is correct, but do measure it with the bearing on it since that would be where the pully lies.

Like so. Add washers there or spacer to make sure its 16-17mm. The pulley tooth side is 16mm. Once done, it should fit no issues if the remaining axel is over 45+mm.

Not sure I understand exactly, but it looks like the really thick part measuring from the motor mounts is about 13-14mm and including the bearing is 18-19mm. Sounds like I would need to add washers to push the bearing out 2-3mm.

THEN, measure from the outside of the bearing to the end of the axle. If it’s 45+mm. These will work.

Is that right?

Correct. 16mm from the motor mount to the bearing and then from the bearing to the axel should measure 45+mm. I believe it might fit but this is how you would properly measure it.

The pulley should look like it sticks out of the wheel. So whatever the wheel measures, it would be +16mm. But thats another thing and isn’t the most worrisome thing. You want to make sure the pulley doesn’t hit the motor mount, which is why i said to measure from the mount to the bearing. This helps solving the axel length after the pulley is installed so you can tell if you have the space for the nut or not.