Winning Remote 2nd Channel for LED Lights ON/OFF VESC

COOL Im going to do that!

Did you ever get it to work? My channel 2 switch on the winning remote doesnā€™t seem to work for the lights I bought.

My other remote does work with the lights though.

I have tried 2 winning remote controls and the 2nd channel didnā€™t work. On a different remote control it worked perfectly.

Same here. Must be a faulty remote. I was able to sort of get it to work by holding down the pair button and flipping the channel switch up and down 4 or 5 times. It resets when you power off the board though.

What remote are you using now?

1 Like

Hey guys! I am super late updating this. On the receiver that connects to the lights there are 2 removable tabs. You have to remove one to get it to work. There should be a small image included with the packaging.

Post a pic of the receiver connected to the lights.

Also, bear in mind there are voltage requirements and the receiver has to be grounded.

Post a pic so I can see. These are very specific.

Iā€™m using this one - https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32607181070.html?trace=storeDetail2msiteDetail

Tried removing the tabs in any possible combination, it just refused to work with the winning remote.

The real issue is the wiring. Post a wiring diagram (hand sketch) of what you did.

I bought these lights: http://www.ebay.com/itm/YY-MADMAX-LOSI-5IVE-T-5T-FRONT-AND-REAR-LIGHT-SET-ALUMINUM-RED-BRIGHT-WHITE/362076200674?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D41376%26meid%3D9d12bf15ec544035af9ac4f473ebaad6%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D382126887167&_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850

They literally plug right into the winning receiver or any other receiverā€™s channel 2 or 3 port. I just canā€™t seem to get the channel 2 switch to work on the winning remote. It works fine with my other receiver though. Iā€™m using the same receiver that @Ishayc is using in his link above.

You need this:

As I mentioned above. I guess this week I will make a VERY detailed walk through.

1 Like

The wiring should be fine since itā€™s running and working with a different remote control. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s an issue with the 2nd channel on the winning remote.

1 Like

how hard and how dangerous would it be to have a switch to turn the board on or off from remote?

1. You need power going to the receiver for it to work. If you are using the remote to turn it on that means that the VESC is on already.

2. The switch is rated at 10A/30V. Your board should be a lot higher than that.

3. You donā€™t want to use this two power it on/off. It will burn out fairly quickly an become dangerous.

If you have a bms with on off switch like bestech it should work to turn on and off board

I know this thread is dead, but I have trouble doing this too.

While diagosing the problem I found out the the switch on my remote replied really weird in ppm frequencies. I tried this by plugging the VESC into channel 2, then used the BLDC tool to check the freqency. the frequency difffers from 18 ms to 68 ms while using the switch, but often it stays at like 42 ms. It seems that there is no real high or low.

the frequency is very high too, the remote in channel 1 uses from 1 to 2 ms

I managed to make it work on a rc car type reciever-switch [amazon]. But i had to flick the button on and off about 5 times to tur them on, and 3 times to turn them off.

I generally wouldnā€™t recommend this remote because of signal rellyability issues, far mor important that being able to turn on and off the lights.

Doesnā€™t sound appealing

I found with the nano X remote there was a four second pause. Also the negative and outside connection need to be swapped and the bottom two pins on the RC switch bridged to make it work .

1 Like

Can you please post pics on what needs to be done I have a nano x remote and want to use channel 2 to turn my lights on

I had the same problem, but I figured it out for the turnigy controal switch working with the nano x and the torque boards v2 remoteā€¦ on the turnigy servo cable that is brown red and yellow before you connect it into channel 2 of the nano reciever you must cut the yellow and red , strip the wire and reverse them and solderā€¦

The turnight has a 30v max and has to have a common negative with lights and reciever. Because of the 30v max I have the controal switch breaking the 29.6v ballance lead off of my 10s lipo setup that than supplyā€™s power to a dc dc converter tieing into my lightsā€¦ hopefully thatā€™s helpful

1 Like