Winning remote - battery

All winning remotes have PCB antennas. I attached an extension myself. I highly doubt it’s a signal reception issue.

same problem here. battery is empty after 1,5h ride. charging to full till the green light flashes and leave it there for 2 days and you´ll have to recharge again. so something is draining juice out of that thing. its still pretty low that it only lasts for 1,5h ride…

after reading all this I really scared. I just went out to the car where my board is and tested my winning remote (without being on the board). I turned the board and remote on, pushed half throttle and turned off the remote. the motor went on for half and second then stopped. I turned the wheel with my hands and it was “locked up” as if I was holding the brake, turning the board off freed up the wheel.

I’m assuming this is not normal? I’m too chicken$hit to do this test while being on the board. What is that new remote @onloop is planning to sell? I really don’t want a RC car remote

You sure ya’ll aren’t switching the channel switch instead of the power switch on the bottom? :smile:

@Mikenopolis sounds like you have to re-bind for receiver record neutral. If you ever touch the trim screw, you have to rebind.

I did adjust the trim screw =(

So what SHOULD happen when I turn off the remote while the motor is running? free coasting wheel right?

you simply should look in the other thread

Yes, you should free coast in neutral if you run current on control on the VESC, or a hobby ESC.

when battery is low it start stuttering or going wildly forward, backward, brake… when you turn off, it goes into neutral and you don´t have any problem - free coasting. if you turn the winning remote back on, it starts again doing random things. so i just shut it down and start pushing back home :smiley:

Here are some pics of the opened remote.

The little square pattern radio trace thing on the PCB can be extended. @Jinra did that.

At the battery terminals “BAT” I was thinking of just adding a capacitor to help out. This PCB seems to have none.

3 Likes

keep us posted!

How would adding a capacitor help out? Sorry I know very little except that capacitor is like a rechargeable battery

in this case i also can’t immagine how it could help antenna extension is a good idea

It’s been done, hasn’t helped or changed anything.

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/2-4ghz-nano-remote-in-stock-30-pcs-usa-50-free-priority-shipping-international-45-shipping/5017/229?u=jinra

I’ve had this remote for a few days now. After about half an hour of use I thought it was probably time to give it a quick charge, so I plugged it in, and it’s a green light. Huh.

The instructions say ‘when the charging indicator turn to red, it shows charging, turn to green, it means fully charged’.

So, I thought I would check the actual voltage of the cell, by disassembling the remote and measuring it with a multimeter. It was just under 4v, it should be 4.2v when fully charged. So I left it plugged in for a while, with the green light displaying. Sure enough the voltage went up, and then eventually the light turned red.

So on my remote at least, it is green light when charging, red when fully charged. Just thought I should post that in case it might be confusing anyone else!

2 Likes