Winter is here! What's your record?

That‘s how russian girls dress up when it’s cold image

10 Likes

man’s not hot

1 Like

not cool man, not cool…“I swear it’s because of the cold, really it is, where you going?”

5 Likes

this sounds like an experience Ive got to have… might change my life :crazy_face:

1 Like

Anybody tried Minnesota’s -45F (-40C) any given January?

:point_up_2: … this is nothing. Try finding your car next morning after a 32 inches snowstorm nite before!

1 Like

-23f. had the day off school and had just gotten a new 6374 for christmas last year

i also screwed vacuum belts to 83mm wheels for traction. range dropped from 12 miles to 4

2 Likes

Lol…

3 Likes

@Mikenopolis just pulling what appears to be a short chain you have…I am just messing with ya…

2 Likes

Pictures…the range is most probably the effect on output of battery source…no harm to pack but as temps go do you loose a lot of power. If you are not I would suggest storing board in house at room temp…

I think @mmaner perfected the esk8 for winter: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/3554?u=jedi

3 Likes

if it only worked worth a damn :). Im gonna try it again this year without the airless wheels (they shrink up) and with actual numatics and big zip tied for grip.

7 Likes

Should contact @barajabali and get some of those snow chains he made last year.

4 Likes

@GrecoMan’s idea of old belts screwed to old wheels is a fantastic idea for ice and snow

5 Likes

@GrecoMan brilliant idea!

2 Likes

Coming from Hawaii, this San Diego winter is brutal. Can’t feel pinky with top down on morning drives. :pensive: :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

@Arzamenable I feel ya…

im terrified that the next snowstorm around me is going to the be tipping point… once it starts snowing in Utica… it dont stop :crazy_face: :laughing:

its gonna be a sad day when I cant skate anymore :sob:

You can ALWAYS skate. I was skating in snow yesterday.

1 Like

uhhhhhhh

i take it youve never been to utica :stuck_out_tongue:

google said it best :confused:

its seriously insane. I need to move :frowning:

1 Like

I have ridden many a winter day as well as night and will tell you the only way to have confidence is to install studs into your tires. I have a video on the a tread that explains the process in detail. The problem with screws, tie wraps and etc. I have found is they are a terrible to ride and really do not last. The MTB studs I have are small with a tungsten core that is better, safer as well as the ride is not comprised…yes you can hear the clicking of the studs but that is what you want when taking a corner at speed over ice and crud. If you really want to ride in the winter it is the only way to go…

image image

Kevin

7 Likes

I did do college in Vermont though. WTF? Why would any place need to be that cold? -25F is stupid. I got a nip of frost bite on my ears the first winter I was there decided to be tough and run with out face protection.

Edit: I went jogging. This was before esk8