Wireless Playchuck | Not a Nyko | Kinda working, not really though

Hey, so I almost finished my build and as a remote I wanted a nunchuck. Since I did not get my hands on a Nyko I ordered a similar one. (https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B001WYAB5W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I soldered all the connections on to the PCB and the other ends on to the VESC. (3,3V, GND, Data and Clock). In the BLDC I chose Nunchuck in the App Configuration and if I display the input amount in the Nunchuck-Tab it shows something.

Now here is the problem: If I give it full throttle it takes something like 3-6 seconds for the input to go from 50% to 100%, same for any other changes I make to the throttle. As far as I know changes to the throttle should be displayed immediately…

I did not have the chance yet to test it on the motor, but any idea how to make the input consistent?

Thanks so much!

The VESC only works with Nyko Kamas. Any other Nunchuck will not work. If by any chance you find one let us know - we have all been searching for ages to find an alternative to the Nyko.

I knew that I was making a bet, but I really wanted to try it out. Since I can move the input bar from 0% to 100% it should work with the motor as well right? It would suck though, if the motor took 6 seconds before reacting to my breaking signal…

Another nunchuck option I’d recommend is the modded nunchuck that vedder designed (replace the internal board in a regular nunchuck).

Edited: to reflect @Maxid’s comment below

I put the data lines of my Nyko through a ferrite and never had a single issue.

1 Like

Really? I hadn’t heard that ferrite rings fix the nyko issues; that’s fantastic! Too bad Kamas seem pretty difficult to find now-a-days :frowning:

2 Likes

the toroid helps but soldering is king! people who try to plug the dongle in directly are going to street their face.

1 Like