WORLDWIDE - SMART SERIES - UNiK MOUNT & KEGEL ALUMINIUM WHEEL PULLEY & SLEEK ENCLOSURE

Should 'nt the gear be a little wider like 16mm.? Leaving a little wiggle.room ?

…Some motor pulleys are 16mm beween flanges .

no need. if you have perfect alignement as we do and no flange… that’s fine.

You have no Flanges on Motor Gear also?

5 Likes

What is it? :slight_smile:

:sunglasses:

Ok,…so there is motor Gear flanges,…i presume it is also 15mm Between flanges and not 16mm. ?

When’s the update?

such an instant progress…

1 Like

oops, sorry for that. We’ve updated the price to make it 39 euros without the laser cut foam and put that as an option, as DIYers we sometimes have many stuff in our toolbox from previous build. The site is also mostly translated into english.

http://www.unikboards.com/en/boutique/boitier_kit/

happy riding ! hopefully the weather will be good this saturday to be back on the road. If I sell a good amount of them, this will allow me to open a new give away.

2 Likes

Nice looking parts. What’s the story on those Unik looking risers? The built in phase wire routing looks pretty slick.

1 Like

Big fan of your designs… keep up the great work!

1 Like

@Mobutusan much appreciated. your right, in fact there’s a story ! I build lots of decks for my pleasure as a DIYer guy and you know where are always looking of the little detail to improve things. Some people call that continuous improvement, I will call it … huge fun ! When I was building my first UNiK prototype I had some motors with short wires… but that was a shame to extend the wires and not clean. Then I had also some wires routing issues and even for maintenance that was OK… but well… I did it my way. I could have dig into the deck like I did for my Boosted board replicate 2 years ago… but I decided to make this hollow part. Maintenance, motor changing is straightforward. It’s a building block of my builds. These are ABS UV milled parts. Strong quality checks.

http://www.unikboards.com/en/boutique/riser-pad/

http://www.unikboards.com/en/boutique/no-logo-riser-pad-set-special-esk8/

@CRABOLSKY thanks mate, that’s really hard work and dedication.

Thanks all for the support; I’m not making any big benefit on the sales; everything is reinvested immediately in my R&D (PLA, Prototype milling, many iterations). My last sale allowed me to do the dual mount giveaway which included free shipping to Canada…

Don’t hesitate to shop as I ship worldwide the same day!

Happy riding!

3 Likes

Very cool risers. And the non-logo ones are on sale?! I might have to pick up a couple of these. Now that I think of it, this would be a really clean way to do a 4wd build, and be easy to swap back and forth to 2wd, especially with front hub motors.

Any chance that you’re working on some lightweight, carbon/alum freebord style bindings? That would be rad. :snowboarder:

@unik Good looking products. I am interested in the riser with channels for motor phase wires. I am confused as to which one this is. CUSTOM ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD RISER PAD (NO LOGO) or SWITCHBLADE E-RISER PAD? It looks like the first is a single riser with the phase wire channels and the seconds is the same plus a front riser, but I wanted to clarify before I put in an order. thanks

I took some time to translate the site in english, it may not be perfect but opens it to more people. The shipping calculation is automatic (you need to register to see it) and I’m not getting money from it.

@Mobutusan yeah, only issue for me is the price; small series means that cost a lot; and that’s all my personal money ! I’m actually riding with 3D printed hooks reinforced with CF. They do well but that’s prototype. Once I’m finished with some new mountainboard stuff coming soon; I’ll come back to the freebord. a sneak peek for you!

The no logo risers are on sale yeah, I lowered the price as much as possible to make them accessible, I’m not even sure I earn money on them, that’s like 1 to 1. These risers are really handy and help in having clean builds.

@mmaner thanks mate, much appreciated. For the risers, they are the “same”. the NOLOGO is only the rear riser and no printed logo (that costed me a LOT but well :)) … the SWITCHBLADE is front riser + rear riser (printed). If you don’t care about the UNIK logo and have already a front riser; go for the NO LOGO; otherwise the SWITCHBLADE has both front and rear. Up to you if you are on budget. Hope I’m clear!!!

seems the weather is getting better in Paris, I’m going to ride the SMART series mount / drivers tomorrow morning and will report back with a riding video ! cheers

4 Likes

By the way, what do you guys think of this combo on a mountainboard

• wheels 8 inches
  • 12 or 10S
  • 190KV DUAL
  • 18T / 70T
  • 15mm belt

Ratio : 3.89:1

Speed Ratio 0.26 Pitch Diameter - Large Pulley (A) (mm) 111.4 Pitch Diameter - Small Pulley (B) (mm) 28.6 Desired Belt Pitch Length (mm) 419.4 Teeth in Mesh 6

http://calc.esk8.it/#{“batt-type-lipo”:1,“batt-cells”:10,“motor-kv”:190,“system-efficiency”:80,“motor-pulley-teeth”:18,“wheel-pulley-teeth”:70,“wheel-size”:203}|

Awesome combo!

I do have some leftover parts on my old board that I could use for a mountain board. I’d love to support your business if I build one…

Ah crap :joy:

wondering if I should go for 18 / 70T … or 17 / 62T … I would love to go for 15T/62T… but it leaves only 5 teeth in mesh (vs 6)

6 teeth in mesh would be better

1 Like