Would these component deliver?

Well do u want to run 10s instead of 8s for lower amp draw?

Hi @fraannk! I know we all got confused when we built our first board. I built my first board 5 months ago and it is working still working excellent. I am running the SK3 245 motor with 6S (Zippy 3S 5000mAh 20C) and GPS tested my top speed which was about 42km/h on a flat surface (fully charged batteries).

I am rocking with 16t motor pulley and 36t wheel pulley. If you don’t want that top speed I would suggest getting a 13/14t motor pulley instead. I weigh 78kg and it takes me up some steep hills if I just get some speed before (10-15kmh). Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

@willpark16 If I could keep it at 8s it would be great. :slight_smile:

@karma That’s exactly the setup I was thinking about! :smiley: How’s the range? And what ESC, and do you set a power draw limit on that?

hmm ud have to gear the 149 hih or wait for a 190 or 192kv motor to pop up

None of them are in stock in EU anyways, so no matter what I’ll have to wait. Would you still go for a 190/192 over a 245? Would I get enough top speed with that? :slight_smile:

yea u would and more torque but 245 kv is for people who crave speed

Okay, might go for the 192 then :slight_smile: Thanks!

no worries bro 20 characters

I am getting about 7km on my batteries, that is while going quite fast and up some hills. I have this ESC from @torqueboards. It’s working great and it never gets warm due to the fan.

How is it handling acceleration from stop? And are there any limiter so the motor won’t eat as much as possible, as stated as a problem in one of the “read this first”-threads

So far so good. Ordered a VESC as well as SK3 245KV and 2x 4s 5000mAh :smiley: now i need a longboard, mounts etc

You can go from stop, though it doesn’t feel nice and it is putting some unnecessary stress on your board. Just take a kick or two and then start giving some throttle. The ESC i linked has some protection features: " – Low voltage cut-off protection, Over-heat protection, Throttle signal loss protection." You can just read all about it on the site.