Wowgo & Meepo Sanyo Battery Packs

Rearranging then in flat pack is as difficult as making a new pack. In that case buy the cells yourself and put them together.

I hear that here and there. But the spec sheet says different. They are like all other cells. Let me assure you one thing. If someone came up with the cell wich is 10x better that news would spread faster than light.

there is also the possibility you might damage cells ‘pulling’ the pack apart

The Sanyo cells actually perform pretty good. For the wowgo/meepo/ownboard esk8’s they are good enough, because the esc only pulls max 18A (so let’s say 20A max) For a 10S2P the sanyo’s and 30Q only need to give 10A max and if you look at the tests, the 30Q and sanyo perfom almost the same. chrome At the end they even perform a bit better than the 30Q at 15A continue, so I should say these sanyo cells are perfect for max 20A continues discharge.

2 Likes

My enclosure only fits 20 cells, so a 30 cell 30Q doesn’t work for me. However, the Meepo 20700b Sanyo 10s2p shouds fit snug in my Backfire 2 enclosure, while doubling my capacity. Only question I have is what other safety features are built into the pack, besides the BMS. Is there individual cell level fuses to prevent thermal runaway in the event of a short?

In 2016, Tesla introduced silicon into the former graphite anode. The silicon oxide is the reason for 10x energy capacity. Check out: The Truth About Tesla Model 3 Batteries: Part 1 on YouTube. https://youtu.be/kGFiaWvD-KI

Tesla on track to get 3000+ cycle life out of 18650 battery cells

Tesla’s 18650 cells vs 2170

Sorry if this isn’t in the topic for the thread. I’ll give it a shot. So i got a wowgo 2s with the 8.5 AH sanyo battery. I’m about to start building a Trampa mountainboard build with 2x 3500 watt 149kv motors and 80 amps peak discharge. I habe not ordered a battery yet since i thought i could try using the sanyo battery from my wowgo to test the performance before i decide wich pack to get for the trampa.

My question is regarding the wowgo sanyo can handle my components since the discharge seems to be limited via the wowgo bms. Will this just limit the performance of my setup or is it even harmfull for the cells if i would plug it into my trampa build?

I think you should get a new battery… What cells are used in the wowgo2s sanyo pack?

The label on the pack says 18650 cells. I will get a new pack. I just want to use this pack to determine if i want a 10s (wowgopack is 10s2p) or if i feel like the extra power from a 12s would be better. I’m mostly conserned that i could harm the sanyo packs BMS if i use it on a 7000 watt setup.

You plan to use the meepo pack for anything long term? Been looking for a used one if you decide to sell it.

Yeah i still need it for my wowgo board, i just eanted to try using it on my trampa to determine if 10s is good enough

1 Like

Can someone tell me where to source these batteries? The Sanyo 8.5Ah battery that is sold by wowgo? Looking for a wholesale outlet.

You’re almost certainly not getting past wowownmeep board in the supplier chain, but if you find something I would be interested in knowing what you find :slight_smile:

Also skip Diyeboard, lol.

Probably IMRbatteries and Liion wholesale?

Here is my opinion on the three WowGo 2S battery options, explained in great details (see post from Marhc 31, 2019):

WowGo%20battery%20options%20(2019-03-31)

Hey Fatos, Do you have other pictures of your battery? I really don’t know how to do that and you would soooo help me

@jju17

Don’t want to be rude. But if you don’t know how or where to start than it is better for you to try and learn a bit more first. I say this mostly for your safety.

There are plenty of videos on YouTube, I wold suggest you start there.

Best regards Fatos Blakaj

1 Like

Ok thanks, I did it anyway, hope it won’t burn

That’s the spirit :).

Good luck