WR board build... 75mph

this looks sooo bad ass just sitting still! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

you should put some fenders on it or something to keep the rider from accidentally touching one of the wheels with feet…could be a bad day…

1 Like

i would advise against that for this specific build. aerodynamics, wouldn’t want to create any kind of unwanted lift or drag plus i cant imagine a rider moving around a lot at these speeds.

examples… -added weight -more options put on something, more things can go wrong.

My 2 cents :wink:

4 Likes

Current world record skateboard speeds have been increased from adding more weight, not less…

Aerodynamics of this attempt will be crucial and the devilish details will be in the rider’s tuck. Some DH pros practice in wind tunnels if they can afford it and tune their tuck using science for their body. I would find one of those guys for this attempt, adding some drag to the board itself is minimal effect where-as finding the rider with the lowest drag coefficient is extremely important…

A foot stop or fender to protect the wheels from impact with the rider, isn’t something that can go wrong, but it’s a device to prevent something from going wrong…frankly I’m the last guy you will find adding anything unnecessary to a setup, but in this case, I would recommend it because I have hit my feet on wheels before and it ain’t fun or pretty…and if the design of the fenders took into account aerodynamics it’s an opportunity to actually reduce drag. I know it’s may sound and even look funny when implemented, but the LDP guys use them for a few reasons (mostly rain) and DH has used them for aerodynamics in the past…

If you want to get nuts you just go straight to luge or skatecar…the luge guys are breaking 100mph without motors and blowing up Flywheels from centrifugal force…34396130_1908913192472323_8699881305191481344_n

13 Likes

Calm the farm kiddies! :cow: :horse: :pig: :chicken:

I’m pretty confident this is not out of development/testing yet, having spoken to Moe about the final deck and Aero I think he is still testing & a way away from handing this over to his jockey. He did announce previously he had a PRO from his local DH scene he was talking to about getting on and pulling the trigger :gun:

3 Likes
16 Likes

image You sir… Legend!!!

2 Likes

Good god … You can see the vibration as the board breaks the sound barrier! :laughing: This is an insane thread, but I can’t look away. :+1:

2 Likes

Just makes me :slight_smile: to watch.

1 Like

brakes look like they are working well MoeBro, trying to figure out what the sounds are :exploding_head:

Brakes were set at 25% . With the 60mph tall gearing they needed a bump up to 35% for the DH portion of the run. Very happy with the performance of the mamba XL-x.

This is the good old sound everybody heard before Vescs were a thing :wink: ESC braking sound.

2 Likes

motor timing… change in frequency… plenty of adjust-ability in the mamba, most importantly power :facepunch: just need to work it out, sounds at the beginning, middle too i’m trying to work out…

2 Likes

So, what batteries are you running?

20ah 8s 10c. For the test pass… will have 8ah 8s 100c in the near future. Lipo

1 Like

@MoeStooge needs to work in the camera mount a bit! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Google “FPV jello” and the millions of threads on how to combat it…there’s tons of tricks, from moon gel to active stabilization…1st step is get the highest shutter speed you can, and then isolate the shit out of the camera. it’s not easy and takes tons of trial and error to get it right…

1 Like

This doesn’t give me the “jello” feel. This looks more like an old GoPro before they added stabilization. If it is a GoPro, it is also possible that it is slightly loose in the case. Sending the footage through Adobe Premier Pro Warp Stabilization would it improve it a bit. Just holding the camera in hand would also improve the footage quite a bit.

Sean, he has a long stick on a rubber mount…just say’n

1 Like

What, no duct tape?