Wrapping electronics to avoid rattling

Ok thanks!

Would this be the US ebay equivalent?

That’s a really small sheet, you will have to get at least 6 of them to cover the topm bottom and wrap electronics

Guys… Not knocking, but Velcro shouldn’t be your concern - li-ion or lipo has much more flammability… in a wood deck… with hot electronics in it… epoxy and CF/GF and all sorts of plastics… I appreciate being cautious when it comes to fire, but i’d not worry about the velcro myself!

But it never hurts to be cautious. I’d like to think the board i build is better quality with quality and safer components vs. the lowest priced components in a chinese hoverboard that catches on fire while riding!

Charging is one area where i’m much more concerned w/ flamability - simple to fix w/ lipo bags or even cheap used pyrex dishes to charge in. Even better to add a temp probe to stop charging if gets hot!

YMMV and do what you want to be as safe as you need!

I tried velcro today, took it off right away, I hated it, a lot.

It was impossible to move the electronics, to put them in the correct place, I had to pull the battery with such force I stripped several cables and a couple of connectors from the BMS, fuck velcro!, I’m going with adhesive neoprene foam

1 Like

Anyone tried latex foam?

Something like this I think: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCNS-Rubber-Neoprene-sponge-pad-mat-sheet-strip-3-4-X-10-X-1-8-self-adhesive-/291885305714?hash=item43f5b84f72:g:WpcAAOSwe-FU4q7o

I’d suggest an adhesive neoprene, however you can always glue it

I’d go with a wider piece, but that’s the stuff.

I have stuck self adhesive Velcro to the deck and same on my lipos. Then I’m closing it off with enclosure.

I did that a while back, it was a mess, the velcro will stick harder than the glue on the deck, it’ll be a PIA to move the batteries, I removed the velcro right away, inspections and diassembling were horrible jobs to perform.

I have taken batteries few times off now and it’s seems to be fine. Haven’t driven with Velcro yet as all day was raining here in London :confused: