WTB: Firefly/ervinelin Remote [EU]

That sounds good! I’m not familiar with 3dhubs though. is that a printing service?

yep. https://www.3dhubs.com/ you can upload your STL files and get it printed.

1 Like

Awesome, Thanks for that! though I’d prefer sourcing it from the forum to support builders but good to have the option :smile:

1 Like

Absolutely, I agree with that.

1 Like

SmartSelect_20180822-174152_Chrome

Incoming

2 Likes

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

Seriously uneconomic to make a mold for this unless you’re selling the actual remote in the 1000s.

Ball park figure for 1+1 mold (left and right hand case parts) would be upwards of £5000 in UK. Could do it for half that in China, but your MOQ would be sky high on the mouldings.

So the question is : how many do you want? If it’s tens or even low hundreds, just stick to 3D printing, if it’s in the several thousands I could theoretically get this done for you and mould them myself in my factory !

2 Likes

I read two whole paragraphs but the only part that stuck out was the part where you said

:joy:

5 Likes

SLS printing is also an option

Haha ! Thing is it’s such a simple thing to make, and with the tooling in place I could make 1000+ sets per shift. It’s just like anything else, you need they money to invest and as much as I love esk8 I’m not gonna stump up the mould for a remote a didn’t develop :joy::joy::joy:

Print in ABS and smooth out with juice. That’ll give similar results to an injection molded item. Or plasdip as mentioned above (though that gives a tacky/sticky surface sometimes).

1 Like

Honestly you don’t need it, you can get amazing results with 3d printing.

20180821_170758

3 Likes

Doesn’t have to be a professional mold. In the gt2b mod thread the guy made his own and I am pretty sure he is not selling thousands of them.

How much for a kit? I already have the 3D printed parts.

If you have the 3D parts I can do it 49 shipped (no tracking). I have pats for few remote so I prefer build them now, but one kit can go out since I will start making them in a couple of weeks.

sure you can have prototype molds made for less money, but they don’t last long and not geared for mass production. What I do for a living is running an injection mould business, so that’s the angle I’m coming from. High volume, long run, production. Only proper moulds will do the jobs I need. 3D Priniting is by far the best route for something like this project. You can get excellent results these days with even the ‘lower end’ printers.

1 Like

any signal issues? i really like the remote too but kinda sceptic and not willing to take the risk since i have my mini :smiley:

I am using another nrf module. Let say the new version. It gives my stable signal for let say 5 meters. Now I shilded the modules and it is more. Anyhow never had problem even before. Being using since late June every day.

2 Likes