Wtb hub motors!

are those one with the slippage problem?

Or the Manta Drive, torqueee with high speed potential just overpriced)

not that good. Already did the research on them. I even think the backfire 2 one are equal to thoseā€¦for a fraction of the price

Looking very interesting. Shame the website looks so bad, itā€™s not mobile friendly and no information on shipping :confused: just text from website template.

Iā€™ll try their ā€œchatā€ feature which greets me in Chinese ā€¦

I can agree on the price, but not on the quality! @joeadams101 I should get an answer about their KV in an hour. If itā€™s high enough you could reach up to 30mph!! Itā€™s the same with apple! When you buy a MacBook for $1700 itā€™s not really worth even $1000. You can buy/build a Mac destroyer for even less then $1000 which will beat the Mac but it wonā€™t have that operating system, nor would it have the beautidul design and quality!

I am looking into hummies right now.

Iā€™d have to find the specs. Theyā€™re jacobs hubs. I just didnā€™t get to go thru with my build.

1 Like

I chatted with Jason, they said theyā€™ll ship 9/29

@Jinra Ohhh ok, so thatā€™s a month from now onā€¦ I was under impression the hubs are in stock ā€¦

which ones?

@joeadams101 [quote=ā€œJinra, post:2, topic:31870ā€] Iā€™m picking up the backfire hubs myself for my travel board :slight_smile:

http://backfireboards.com/backfire-electric-skateboard-dual-hub-motor-p-327.html [/quote]

Backfire hubs.

I still donā€™t get why people is preferring hub motors over belt driven systems, if they even come close to dual 6374s I might think about it, but even so the lack of rubber and vibration transfer is non acceptable for me, ok ok, we got Carvon hubs but the lack of clearance just wonā€™t let me ride relaxed and of course we also have Raptor 2 hubs pretty big and great looking but again Iā€™m not sure how would it handle vibrations and bad roads.

The industry is trying to move towards hub motors but I still believe this is going to be like 3D TVs, more a gimmick than the future of electric boards.

I, myself, would like the industry to move towards bigger motors, such a 8072s, maybe faster batteries like 14s, lower KV motors and high ERPM limits, hoping to get trucks with suspension, high speed control and coin turn ratios.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a belt guy as well, but this will be for my small travel board i take on planes, itā€™s going to be perfect for that!

2 Likes

Stealth is mainly my reason. It looks cleaner.

2 Likes

You canā€™t really say the quality on inboards motors are better than back fire, thereā€™s no basis for that claim.

The reason I went with backfire is because they use elongated motors like Carvon, but at a much lower price tag. People Iā€™ve spoken to who have the backfire 2 board said acceleration was pretty strong. I think these are definitely a motor to look out for as they provide extra strength and cooling capabilities.

4 Likes

Meepoā€™s Kieran claims his motors are one of the top 90mm hub motors available in China right now. I can tell you itā€™s torquey and runs cool at 22mph. Iā€™m trying to see if I can push it with a better 12s pack. edit: current 10s2p pack

Not enough speed for me. I think Ill stick to the beasts belt driven systems for nowā€¦ Thanks though!

Nope not really.

• Free coasting
  • FOC
  • Stealth
  • No maintance

Four things you wonā€™t ever had on belt drives.

Clearance is not a problem ā€¦trust me ā€¦I got Carvonā€™s ā€¦nothing bad ever happenedā€¦occasional rocks are sky rocketing after they hit the can.

You mean these hubs ??

Seems like bunch of BS from that Kieran guy. These are tiny hubs ā€¦with very little urethane .

Thats a pretty low bar.