[WTB] sunkko welding pen

As the title says, looking for a welding pen for my sunkko spot weder. New or used around 20$ plus shipping to Russia. image

If somebody is willing to borrow me a welding pen for 2-3 weeks that would work for me too. Just need it for my next battery build and don’t want to spend 40€ for it.

2 Likes

I don’t have one, but I tested one at a friends. I couldn’t make it work propperly. I guess the resistance of the connectors and wires is too high and thus limit the current. Anyway, despite the highest current setting and maximum pluses it didn’t manage to weld 0.15mm nickle strips (you can see the welds but when tearing apart you can see that it did not bond…just slightly stick). Switching to the “arms” at same settings instantly punched a hole in the strips.

Short: the pen doest work…at least the one I used which is the one on your picture.

1 Like

Oh ok. Great and thx for the info. If anybody here can recommend an other pen that would work, i‘m open for suggestions!

They suck unless you have a powerful enough welder to overcome the added resistance.

I have one that’s yours free if you want to tinker with it.

1 Like

My 709A crapped out after I switched it ON from both the welder and solder switches almost instataniously, no obivous faults on the PCB but when I changed the PCB it works again… so far

I did manage to get ‘welds’ with those pens, but kinda with the highest settings. The copper wires do get warm tho

E: Nota Bene - if you remove the PCB, the orange big orange knob is somehow (???) unremovable form PCB via rheostat, but because of the transparent collar it cannot be neither pulled or pushed out - you must cut/dremel the transparent corral surrounding the orange knob. Otherwise the rheostat’s PCB will brake apart (altho it is repairable/resolderable. I dunno how the managed to make that
Also, I had to cut away from the metal frame surrounding the panel-mounted welding pen cage to insert. used angle grinder for that. The welding pen’s panel through-mounts can be pain to reinsert and take away because the space dosent allow nicely to remove the hex-screws locking the inner wires in, and the wires can easily bundle apart which makes them quite impossible reinsert - I just crammed as much as I could of it in and splattered the rest with solder. Whelp good enough for my welds… How’s that how AvE puts it: Grinder and Paint, make me the welder i Aint!.. altho maybe not in this case<:P

2 Likes