WTB - US- Used 50xx motor mounts 4caliber trucks cheap

Looking for temporary fix for my Riptide R1 until I can afford surfrodz TKP trucks and mounts. I’ll be sure to pass them on to someone in need when I’m done. Motors mounts for caliber trucks and 50xx motors.
Thank you Hail skatan

3 Likes

I’ve got 2 BKB mounts you can have, just pay shipping. I don’t know if they fit 50mm motors perfectly, but I think you can use 2 or 3 screws with loctite and should be good in the short term.

https://buildkitboards.com/collections/motor-mounts/products/motor-mount-1

There’s also 3d printable pulley covers if your into that sort of thing.

2 Likes

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

3 Likes

Funny thing is those are the first mounts i tried to use to fix this board before they replaced the truck. They didn’t work out. Jlabs was nice enough to buy them back.

1 Like

ahhh, are they caliber trucks or what?

IMG_20180721_023407_475 These. I have a set (well tb base plates :nauseated_face: with cal hangers) that will work for now

2 Likes

everytime I see that pic I think how luck you were not to really hurt yourself.

3 Likes

I’ve actually had a rear truck brake two other times back when I was first getting into downhill. Was going way faster (this thing barely goes 20mph) and yeah… that hurt.

IMG_0021 This happened to me last summer riding downhill with some hard carves and the arse of the thing literally fell off. Put me in a neighbours front yard with a quite spectacular front flip over the wall via the kerb. Extended shoulder and three weeks off work.

4 Likes

Ouch… yeah been there bud. Could have been worse. You heal well?

1 Like

Not as well as I did when I was twenty lol but yeah all good now. Serves me right for riding my sons board that had been out in the aus sun all summer. Brittle as! Bit like me now.

2 Likes

@mmaner I will take those off your hands if I only need to pay for shipping…

1 Like

Genuine Caliber with about 40 lbs of groceries, at full speed. Thank skatan I didn’t wipe out. Thank skatan I like “full speed” to be about 25mph.

4 Likes

Another part of the reason I’m trying to move to all Precision trucks on my boards. I’ve broken a lot of cast trucks over the years. If I can spend around $1,000 on all my other parts, I can drop $150 on some Precision trucks.

2 Likes

Allready taken brother, sorry.

Had no catastrophic mech failures yet on esk8 but on my analog stuff yes. Lots of human errors and electronic failures but mechanical, no, touch wood. @b264 that truck must have had some k’s on it I’m guessing but still not great really. I’m hopefully having some hangers made up based on the tb 218 soon if I can get the guy to lower his moq if not then the rest will be on here for sale.

2 Likes

Hang on didn’t you come across the surfrodz by absolute chance when someone dipped on his rent and his room mates sold all his shit? :joy:

Yeah that’s for my other board lol

2 Likes

Still on the hunt for caliber mounts for 50xx motors. Maybe some caliber baseplates to? @dickyho how long till you list mounts for caliber trucks again? Thank you

I was suppose to get them to day, but still not arrive yet…

1 Like