WTS: Focbox Unity (SOLD)

Well, he is doing something to the guy who end up being in the 2nd batch because someone bought one just to resell it… That’s kind of an ass move on limited batch.

4 Likes

Yea, it’s reasomable offer right? Make 60 bucks just for thinking about it and deciding to sell instead of use it.

1 Like

I disagree with that. While I believe everyone should aspire to help everyone out, no one should be dogged to do so. It’s like open source vs closed source , while open source benefits the community, a developer should not be dogged on for wanting to keep his work closed source and sell it as the price they want to. What determines if they should succeed or fail is how people take this and what people are willing to pay. This guy offering to sell the unity at whatever price he wants infringes on one, especially when there are other cheaper avenues to buy it. If a buyer thinks the price is unreasonable , then they have the full right and capacity to negotiate to a more reasonable price. If they decide to not to the research and buy the thing at such a price , then it’s their own fault, not the guy , not the community , theirs.

True , most do indeed. But this guy ain’t necessarily a vendor , he’s a guy that willing to sell the unity at a price it will never reach. He has no obligation to the community to sell at their want, morally, or guidelines wise as far as I’m aware and in exchange the community has no obligation to buy from him. As long as he ain’t forcing anyone to do anything , then he isn’t doing anyone wrong.

And that’s the right you and anyone else has.

That’s just how first come first served works. Everyone had the equal opportunity to buy from enertion, what one does to what one decides to purchase is no ones fault. It sucks for the people who ended up being in the second batch yes, but let’s not act like he’s the reason they ordered after him or that he should feel bad/responsible for it.

3 Likes

OK, everything you just spen 20 mins outlining…

So what, it’s still an asshat move, and that’s the statement I made that your arguing with. Not one single thing you said proves that to be an incorrect statement.

4 Likes

just going to put this here. Not directed at anyone of the posters

1 Like

For the first time ever I’ll have to disagree with @mmaner (whaaaat)

I think if there’s someone who needs this badly then they will be very happy and appreciative that it’s available in-stock right now and that they could pay extra to get it now. Anyone who cares about price can just order from enertion.

6 Likes

Not trying to prove it’s incorrect , I’m just saying I disagree. I don’t see it as a asshat move because he doesn’t have an obligation to sell it at any price. Hell it could be the last unity on earth and he still doesn’t have an obligation to sell it at any price but what he decides. And it’s all because like he doesn’t have to set it at a reasonable price we don’t have to buy it.

1 Like

Dibs.

1 Like

OK, your not wrong. He doesn’t HAVE to sell it, no one else HAS to buy it.

But If I see someone pissing in my garden, my tomatoes are gonna be a little less appetizing so I’m gonna turn the hose on him.

13 Likes

@mmaner i love reading your posts. valid points and i still get a good chuckle from most of them.

5 Likes

He seems to be a nice colourful guy.

So, is this still for sale? Why are we all arguing with one another. He made two posts and

Someone make him an offer like hey how about $320 including shipping?

1 Like

I made him an offer in my first post

1 Like

I already did lol. Waiting on him!

I always think it’s funny when people get offended by prices. If it’s too much, it sits. This situation isn’t unique to esk8. Launch models of specialty cars get marked up, limited edition shoes, etc. If he bought the entire first batch then came here selling them at $400 then I’d see your point @mmaner but sounds like he bought one and changed his mind. If someone will give him $400 for it and he can buy the prebuilt he wants then who cares. Buyer got a unity without waiting and seller gets cash for the board he wants.

There’s no right or wrong here so if you think he’s a douchebag, agree to disagree.

2 Likes

Lol @ everyone losing their minds.

Why would he sell it below market price? (market price for the first batch selling RIGHT NOW not determined yet) That’s like throwing away money.

If he bought 10 and is selling all at a markup my feelings would be different. Clearly not the case though.

I’m receiving one for free and am willing to sell for 2000 euro’s excluding shipping. I’m in first batch and will send it within 2 months of receiving it. Don’t like it? GO HOME.

Still helping anyone I can on this forum, it’s the kind of guy I am.

Hey guys still kinda new here but can you keep this thread on track so you don’t discourage buyers? Its obvious that you can click the link to the exertion site and see that it currently sells for 300 so if someone wants to buy it at 400 thats their business :smile:

2 Likes

Sure it’s his thing and nobody is forced to buy it. Just it’s not the spirit we need in here. People help each other and sell things for a fair price and don’t use a actual short in production to make fast moneys… People here sent each other stuff for free just because they want to help. People write long build threads to help each other for free. People sitting here hours and answering questions for free to help others get there build ready and don’t burn down there house. That’s what this forum is about. Not the „hey I have something I know you want, so give me all your moneys and it is yours“ attitude. Look up the secret santa thread and you will understand which people are here and than hopefully you understand which people should better spend there presents in other places.

2 Likes

So you are saying the unity isn’t to be treated like the new playstation/xbox reselling or the rebranded nes or snes from a few years ago that sold for 50 bucks but people were reselling them for 150 or the tickle me elmo where people got trampled to get one for their kids

Yes exactly this i‘m saying. As min not in here if you here to get help and give help.

1 Like

Would be totally true of this forum only had 10 regulars helping each other out.

Except this forum is open for anyone able to register an account.

This ain’t a small whatsapp group for friends. It’s the open interwebz.