XL2.0 DECK by Kaly.nyc

These look stunning. And at that price they are a steal.

8 Likes

Yasss!!

@Kaly will there be anyway to get a deck that is completely undrilled WRT mounting holes/cutout?

I haves me an idea.

5 Likes

RKP and moe race wheels ? Muahahah

5 Likes

@mynamesmatt Will have matching enclousure for 12S-4P of 20700 or 21700 cells.

also working on the XL50 battery pack that will fit this deck. It will be 3 or 4 separate 12S-3p @25amps packs working in parallel. Made out of Sanyo18650GA for 1350 to 1800 wh/hr.

@Sender you need at least 2 holes on each side for guidance, it is extremely tricky to have properly aligned holes on this type of deck, just let me know what you have in mind and I can accommodate.

@Grozniy Don’t know how the RKP will work on the deck since the tip angle will make it hard to work but regarding urethane I’m already working on something inspired by this below but with street threads

14 Likes

I want to get a piece on the adjustable baseplates made to accomodate and run 4x4 TB DD on the 110s… until the all terrains come out.

I want to put a Kaly Drive on my Colab.

@kaly I will hit you up

9 Likes

I’m sure we’d all like to see a deck flex test!

Welp, with this and the gentle nudging from @DerelictRobot, I know what my next build is going to be.

I want it all.

4 Likes

These decks look great. I’m looking forward to riding mine. With those 8" wheels it actually will make for a great city commute which is my plan to replace my current boards here in San Francisco. With construction projects, busted up streets and cobblestones I do not understand how someone with street wheels moves around a city without constantly risking it all.

With the flex of the deck I also am expecting it to smooth out any of the terrain I cover.

Do you think bindings will be necessary or will the grip be enough?

Now… should I build an MTB or keep saving up for that MSX 100v.

Haha your profile made you seem like trampa for a second

1 Like

@Kaly Nice dude. Deck is fucking beautiful!!!

2 Likes

You should start saving for college

3 Likes

I’ll have enough to pay for college in around 40 years

2 Likes

Please see Kaly.nyc Instagram post from 5 days ago… Ernesto is bouncing on the deck to see the flex… keep in mind it doesn’t have battery on the bottom but should demonstrate fairly how the flex is

@kaly could you make something under 30’ like 121c Aileron? 1542995725

2 Likes

@Sender I’ll send you a hole layout. I can drill the 2 bottom holes on each side this will allow you to properly anchor your base.

@baxter Here you go

@brenternet I don’t recommend bindings unless you are going with a 100% off-road setup, Top mounted battery.

@ARetardedPillow +40 years sounds about right for a degree in America

10 Likes

The deck looks beautiful. I have an observation though. It seems the concave on the ends of the deck stiffens that area significantly thus preventing the deck from flexing uniformly. A solution to that would be some sort of softer material that attaches to the deck similar to what some people have done or a reduction in thickness on the concave part.

1 Like

Nice video, but I was a bit disappointed by the lack of any ballet figures. You apparently still have a lot to learn in making these kinds of recordings.

14 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy: @rich is just the master. Hard to beat :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

:rofl: I think @Kaly did it the right way like it should be for a flex video… I’m just a clown. BTW great deck @Kaly, looks awesome :+1:

6 Likes