Xmatic - VESC iOS Bluetooth App

There’s a feature that auto starts logging your trip…

Also you cannot write stats to unity because of iOS limitation with the current firmware on the built in Bluetooth

No it can’t mess up your unity since the app has safe checks before writing anything to the unity

1 Like

Hey @twan,

I’m wondering If you every heard of this issue: In very rare occasions when I fully push the throttle (quickly), my Vesc seems to change to some kind of ‘beast’ mode :joy: with no speed and (presumably) no amp draw restrictions.

Then it stay’s that way until I change settings trough the app or turn the Vesc off and on (not sure about the last one). Definitely not saying that Xmatic has anything to do with it but the way I see it, it can only be the Vesc itself (Foxbox) or the app (since it only happend when the app was on, but then it only happens ever to rarely).

Just wanted to know if someone ever heard of such an issue? Specs: Vesc: Foxbox Firmware: Ackmaniac but had same issue before using Ackmaniac firmware Remote: Miniremote Phone: iPhone 6s iOS 12.2

Oh and another (very small) bug: When you set your battery max in the app lower than the actual battery level, the battery symbol on the main page shows empty. This happens when I charge the battery to 41,5V but 100% is set to 41V. Because after a few minutes it drops back to 41V.

Thanks, any help is appreciated!

Ah… awesome! So that’s what auto logging is, duh :roll_eyes:

There’s a couple of extra things in settings which are pretty cool. I have it set to get speed data from the motors and distance from gps.

Tell me, for the unity should I have double data for dual config selected?

@twan I just got my Unity updated and I get absolutely nothing from the app now… I had three other users try with their phones and nothing… :thinking:

Unity doesnt work at all now :confused:

Ughs… why do you guys update your firmware and expect the app to support it. You’ll have to wait until I update the app to support the firmware changes… or downgrade back :man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

Just a heads up… :wink: No way I’m going to downgrade… My board is so much smoother now on acceleration… I wouldn’t change it back if you paid me to…:eyes:

1 Like

Had to update my unity in order to complete the set-up. It was fresh out of the box.

1 Like

use this tool in the meantime. itll be a while before i update the app. it has the supported firmware

1 Like

I still use the old version you just linked. The app seems to just drop out. Restarting the app I can keep watching my MAH usage.

@twan I installed the latest Xmatic update with the Unity fix. Was that supposed to address what I described here? There seems to be some improvement. The app keeps the connection to the Unity longer but it still freezes after a minute or two.

Is there anything I can do to help you debug the issue? I’m a software engineer and I have experience with communicating to VESC from my DAVEga project. I have successfully implemented Unity support there.

Could the problem be that you poll the VESC too frequently? From my experience, if you don’t allow enough delay between requests, the VESC starts sending invalid messages as a response. Or maybe you accidentally do CAN FWD requests, which you shouldn’t do on the Unity?

3 Likes

hey does the app have like a battery cycle counter? or is it possible to make one?

Hey guys! Noticed tht the voltage battery indicator is preconfigured for 30qs as im using lgh2 i want to ask if anyone has maintained the custom voltage curve for a 10s4p setup with these cells? Kr

@janpom it’s more of a Bluetooth issue. If it’s on the hm10 it’ll be fine and won’t DC but for the on board module It’ll DC after a bit. If it’s faster poll it DC’s faster and the slower the polling the longer it stays connected.

@Ruubie200 no it does not. No such function on the vesc. It would have to be built into the BMS.

2 Likes

I think @Ruubie200 means a page in the app where you can check a button when you have plugged your board in the charger. A little counter

1 Like

Makes sense. How about adding a config option for the polling frequency? I personally don’t use real-time data. I just want data logging. If I could set the polling freq to /1s and that would prevent the disconnect issue I would be happy.

1 Like

I would love to try that as well. 1 update a second is fine for me. I only check my usage every 10-15 minutes when stopped for a red light.

1 Like

I was thinking for doing that but wasn’t sure to add it or not. I’ll add it soon.

1 Like

I love it.

I have a feature request if you’re still creating updates!

On my ESC the voltage reading randomly oscillates +/- about 0.6 volts. I know others have the same issue depending on the manufacture. Can you add an option to smooth out the voltage reading with about a 1 sec average? I think that would greatly stabilize the number and improve viewing the app while riding to check battery voltage.

Awesome work!!

Maybe ill add that in the next update!

Minor update is out, adds polling option for Unity users to set their polling rate. Also added button to allow users to load their old trip logs before the update that removed them.

3 Likes