Xmatic - VESC iOS Bluetooth App

i love this app this is the best thing that has come into the diy eskate market but I’m wondering if there is any way to control an I/O output from the bluetooth module and in the app i have been programming light for my eskate with brakes reading the ppm for the brakes and signals and i wold love a way to have a switch in the app that allows me to turn the light system on and off within the app instead of having to add another switch to the board

Did you try to connect directly within the app? Not from Iphone bluetooth settings

In settings for your you can actually change the time an app stays active, you do however have to set the watch to not turn on when you lift your wrist, sucks but works around!

What I am waiting for is a Complication, that would be the true “always on” haha. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m actually having a weird issue that I might’ve narrowed down from reading the topic. Currently on latest Unity firmware and I am having issues with data being recorded. Either I can’t save any data or the data is missing a lot of ride information like gps path and sometimes all data. I uninstalled thinking that might’ve solved the issue so all I got is a small snap of two of the rides it did record.

Hi there I recently download your app to read the battery on my Lacroix. The app keeps reading 33% when board is fully charged. Does this app have accurate battery reading? Thanks for your help.

Lacroix uses Focbox Unity and as far as I know atm it doesn’t work very well with this App. Have been having issues for a while. :frowning:

I guess it doesn’t work? I actually was considering this as there is a new French law ruining everything, so I was trying to see if I could change some configs in there. But I am afraid if I write new stuff on it, if it will interfere with my other settings.

Hey guys just finish my new evolve clone board having trouble getting xmatic working. Have tried three different Bluetooth modules. Using a flipsky vesc 4.20 dual plus. Can find the Bluetooth signal Using a low power Bluetooth finder like light blue but xmatic cannot find it. Running FW 3.62 and 3.38 neither work. Any possible fixes?

3.62 doesn’t seem to be supported. And what modules are you using? Is the uart enabled & baudrate setup correctly?

@OCesk8 did you set the battery correctly in the settings?

@Stan8 the app isnt updated to support 3.62 yet, ill update the app once I get some free time.

@LewisPring xmatic will work with hm10 moudles or nrf52 modules only

@pundahh correct, app hasnt been updated to 3.62 yet.

1 Like

So I have a unity running 23.46 fw and it connects and works great for everything except writing modes. I can create modes I just can’t apply them onto the Vesc. Xmatic gives me a notification that says firmware 23.46 isn’t supported. Anyway to fix that or perhaps include that in a future update? Thanks.

Hello Twan,

Thanks for this amazing app. Any planned date when you will release the update? I’m running on 3.62 FW and I hope the app update will be released very soon.

Same here. Can’t write modes to Unity

Can you please release support for the new version 3.63?

Sorry for the late update, I have pushed an update, it should be out soon.

First, thanks @twan for the App. I’ve been using it to track battery usage and as my speedometer for 30 miles of commute each day. it’s been great. :slight_smile:

Second. Anyone know what NO_FAULT_CODE means?

I can’t find anything related to it in BLDC code. It just triggered with my board on the bench. and the board has no faults as read from vesc-tool terminal. it also appears to have disconnected and won’t reconnect. wondering if the meaning of that code will provide any clue.

connected via HM-10 to focbox running 3.63 firmware. xmatic version 1.54

update: Xmatic did eventually reconnect 6 minutes later according to the log. phone was sitting 1ft away from the receiver the whole time. still wondering what the “NO_FAULT_CODE” means.

Happy New Year Twan, looking forward for the update as I’m running now on 3.63.

It’s just VESC sending something in the telemetry packet that there are no faults. Usally it’s sendt af something happened and everything is good again. Dont sweat it - just an edge case software glitch

1 Like

So is it able to write modes for the unity yet? If you ever have anything you’d like me to test with a unity then let me know. I have a 12s4p 30q with dual 6374s so it can handle almost anything. Thanks

Hey @twan thanks for the great app.

I’m just trying to set up the correct battery settings for my Lacroix Lonestar. It’s a 12S12P battery using Sanyo 20700 cells. Can you let me know if this is correct. For some reason I don’t get the battery bar inside the board icon, to show the correct battery percentage…?

Thanks.