XT90-S Antispark Loop key help

Ahhh that totally makes sense. So cut off from the source and prevent ALL issues as opposed to just MOST issues. Thank you.

1 Like

Iā€™m of the opinion that accidental shorting the connection is far more likely if you use the resistor side for the keyā€¦

may well not cause any issues but I went the other way round to be safeā€¦

I donā€™t see how, but itā€™s all good. We are all just trying to figure out how to make mountains out of hills around here :grinning:

1 Like

Just because you end up with the male pins as live rather than the female socketsā€¦ I know if they short itā€™s only connecting the power to the VESC but the little arc when the caps charge bothered me!

But as you say weā€™re all just rolling along!

I am confused now. Should I use the resistor side for the ā€œkeyā€ or but it on the board?

I use the resistor side for the key. If you use on the board side and it fails, you have to tear into the board and rework the soldering. If you use it as the key, the worst that can happen is you lose it, but I keep spares.

Some people are worried about shorting the pins if you use the male board side, but Iā€™e never seen it happen and cant see how it would.

Do whatever you want though, whatever makes you feel safest.

1 Like

Diagram does not look good because there is no fuse in this setup ! :frowning:

For the rest, I use the resistor side as key and my Anti-Spark is on negative wire and my fuse is on positive wire.

What is this ā€œfuseā€ you talk about?