Xt90: What's what?

I was confused too lol

But as others said yeah it’s the pins.

Edit: Ops meant to reply to OP

2 Likes

They are gender neutral. Obviously.

3 Likes

empty air is a pretty good isolator :no_mouth: as long as you don’t replace that good air isolator with screwdrivers, keys or water you’ll be fine

there are pros and cons for both the female and male as the live connector when it comes to anti-spark plugs though, as the housing wasn’t designed to be mounted as we usually mount them in our enclosures. Wall sockets were designed for the same purpose they’re being used for.

1 Like

That’s the point, on 2 female sockets that are insulated fully w/ material between them, you have to try quite hard to short it out. Where as the male end would be easy.

Can you imagine if all of your outlets in your house were the male side? Dropping anything metal near a wall, or spilling drinks near a wall would end horribly.

1 Like

Yes, I can imagine that. Would be a bit more worried about my kids sticking their fingers into those sockets. Spilling drinks on the wall was never my thing :grin:

As I said, there is both good and bad with using the male/female as the live part of the anti spark plug. If we don’t have a 3d printed mount (or similar) for the female, the plug will stick out, which in itself is a risk for breaking+shorts, aesthetically less pleasing aso.

If we mount the male as the live connector, it’ll probably be better mounted, doesn’t extend from the enclosure, with less risk of breaking, although if you stick a piece of metal inside or spill your margharita over it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: that’ll probably suck.

And btw… If you short your anti spark, board will turn on, uh. No biggie.

Why does the second option say Right=Female Left=female

I always understood this as the Connector with the Male Pins(RIGHT) is actually the female as its not based on the metal bullet but the plastic housing.

I still think I am right despite being in the minority. The question is, “Which half of the xt90 connector is male and which is female” Referring to the plastic housing, not the metal bullets.

2 Likes

I feel you and it makes sense based off of overall shape but it is the pins that matter. Not to mention it’s an industry standard and the largest suppliers in the world use that denotion. It sucks to make yourself unsee it that way and I still seem them as opposite first. Eventually I had to side with the majority and admit I’d been wrong for confusions sake.

1 Like

yeah twas supposed to be right female and left male (if you could fix that up that’d be great ;))