XYRS BOM for vedder's spark switch

Not entirely. I would still stitch them and add a heat sink to the back side.

1 Like

SO SAME BOM AS 1.3 FOR CHAKA VERSION? JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE. :slight_smile:

THANKS MATT

YES - SAME BOM. (said in a LOUD voice kind of like yelling) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Chaka - i didn’t realize you added the heatsink to the back. I thought that was mounted to your FETs. Neat idea, but you must cut the heatsink or how do you insulate so it doesn’t short?

i read elsewhere on here that part of the reason for doing that is that not enough heat is transferred through the front of the FET to make the heatsinks effective. So i’m also curious about heat sinks not shorting out the stuff they’re attached to.

Hopefully these guys will be showing up soon so i can play with them.

In other news, i contacted that guy with the open source LiFePo4 BMS. He says he’s still a few months out getting it functional and ready for testing, but i told him i’d be happy to have a few made and a test them out and give him some feedback as well as monetary support if they work out and can be sold. He also said modding it for Li-Ion would only require swaping a few resistors, so its possible to have a couple of different flavors. That’s something that this community is in dire need of. A fully open source BMS solution with a feature set specifically geared towards electric skateboards. It really is the last piece of the puzzle. Between that and the VESC, its really all you need for a fully hackable system.

1 Like