Yet another accident

Well if breaking my jaw 2 years ago wasen’t bad enough, here we are again lol

Was riding around the neighborhood when all of a sudden a car that looked like it was parked peeled out to do a u turn.

I slammed on my brakes but wasen’t fast enough to avoid the collision. I practically flew over his hood and hit another parked car with my body.

Result is scrapped knee and dislocated shoulder. Wearing my helmet probably saved me from a concussion as my head did hit the car.

Stay safe out there fellas. I am done riding for good. I can’t keep putting myself at risk like this.

51 Likes

Oh fuck dude. Hope you heal quickly.

8 Likes

:hushed: Good recovery mate !!

Ride safe e-riders :v:

8 Likes

Fuck…heal up fast dear pilgrim

1 Like

I hope you have a quick and easy recovery!

2 Likes

Wish you the best of luck man, lmk if you need anything

3 Likes

That’s brutal, hope u heal up quick.

1 Like

You’re done for good? That’s unfortunate to hear. Hope you heal well and have a change of heart. Best wishes.

8 Likes

Sending good vibes my friend. Hope ypu feel better soon.

3 Likes

Wish you a speedy recovery.

1 Like

We pray to skatan for your speedy recovery!!

1 Like

We ride we fall. Its part and parcel. Sorry to hear of your misfortune but don’t quit man! Its what keeps you alive. Heal well my brother.

If you aren’t living on the edge then you are taking up too much room.

8 Likes

Don’t stop riding buddy, it would happens the same if you where in bike, anyway I wish you a quick recovery

4 Likes

Seriously let your shoulder rest for some time and keep up with treatment of it. Once it dislocates once, the muscles are never the same and more prone to dislocating, and it increases at a near exponential rate. As someone with Ehlers Danlos, shit sucks. If this it your first time dislocating, you need to let it heal as much as it can before you really use it again.

5 Likes

wow that sucks… best wishes dude

2 Likes

Sorry to hear. Hope for a speedy recovery.

1 Like

jeez that sounds bad!

I’m even more scared of a big crash now. I had an annoying neck shoulder and upper arm pain for over a week. I went to my wife’s chiropractor, they got an x-ray of my neck before they did any work on it. Turns out be slipped discs/“pinched nerves”. Can’t even imagine what a crash would do to me. If you see a guy riding around in a neck brace, it’s me

3 Likes

I am the worst at wearing helmets (as in I have like once even though I own several). I think it stems from my biker bar Harley riding Dad that would always answer helmets were for pussies which I can admit none of the other riders were wearing helmets. One night a drunk driver tried to back down a freeway entrance. Hit my Dad and his best friend died in is arms…still rides obsessively, still not wearing a helmet. Not an idiot but he’s part of a group and…

But our gang is all for safety so lately posts like this have been sticking with me. Not to mention the evolve bmx track event where I whiplashed my required full helmet into the ground damn near knocking me out. I need more than just a nice helmet and knee/elbow pads. My first thought is how the hell are you staying cool enough to sport a full @Deckoz setup?

1 Like

I have bilateral thoracic outlet syndrome… Very severely. A crazy crash straight to the shoulder might actually fix my problem :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Weren’t you like… banned? Or was I high last night