Yet another safety post

If anyone wants a great deal this is the place to look especially for Aussies, free shipping over $80. I just ordered a pair of G-form elite knee pads and 100% mtb gloves for $95 AUD including shipping due to their great first buyers discount. Should be good for international buyers as well

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/g-form-elite-knee-guard-2018/rp-prod173018?gs=1&sku=sku654159&pgrid=51683026039&ptaid=pla-425503585865&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=PLA+All+Products&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid|spEl2v8Do_dc|pcrid|253651391450|pkw||pmt||prd|654159AU

1 Like

Have you found the kevlar hoodies? They sounds awesome! Interested in spine protection as well hope you heal up well!

Yeah there are a lot on eBay but Iā€™m kind of weary of fake Kevlar. Just googling armoured hoodies brings up numerous different brands that seem to be much more reputable, yet also more expensive. Iā€™ll have to have a look around, maybe Iā€™ll see a motorbike gear shop in the city tomorrow

1 Like

Cool, Iā€™ll be keeping an eye out for similar protective gear as I donā€™t have any spine protection at the moment

1 Like

The ol Jiu Jitsu roll!! Saved me twice so farā€¦ i dont think it would work going over 30mph thoughā€¦

Well it did for meā€¦kinda

Read the post this morning and figured Iā€™d better order gear instead of thinking about it :stuck_out_tongue: Ordered Kevlar jeans and hoodie from Xl moto and tsg pass from SkatePro. Hope I donā€™t fall while on vacation now with helmet only :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

https://www.hellrideapparel.com/shop.html#!/Armoured-Kevlar-Hoodie/p/66589758/category=19521340

not to be a buzzkill but isnt 50km/hr at night just asking for trouble? I see your builds have taillights, what about headlights? you cant possibly see all the possible cracks/debris in your path, and especially at night youā€™re tired and have slower reflexes anyways. Even during the day, for me at least, anything above 20km/h means my eyes are glued to the path directly in front of my to keep an eye out for bumps, dips, cracks, rocks, random debrisā€¦

I currently donā€™t have headlights on either builds but the street I was riding in is right next to mine and I know it very well, itā€™s is extremely smooth and new with no cracks dips or large stones. It is also well lit with street lights.

Normally I would not go this fast at night but I was so pumped about my new board and how stable it felt I thought it would be hard to fall, it also keeps accelerating unlike my other builds as this one uses current control instead of duty cycle like my other board.

At least now it scared me enough to finally fork out for some gear

1 Like

Iā€™m glad youā€™re okay and didnā€™t break anything (bones or otherwise).

I took one bad fall in the city. Luckily, I was riding on the sidewalk, so no cars were around me. I wore a regular helmet (now I sport a full-face) and I also had wrist guards, elbow pads, and knee pads. I ride regular footed, so my left hip hurt a bit, but I minimized road rash.

No matter how short the ride, I always wear all of my gear because the one day that I donā€™t wear them will be the day I fall and wish I had them.

Personally, I wear cheap clothing when riding during the day (gym wear) and old jeans at night. But not everyone has weather like Southern California, USA :smile:

1 Like

Just a reminder, but if getting clothing with pockets for padding, or any armor, please make sure it is a good fit. A loose fit is not good at all, since in the event of a crash that shit will shift and move, thereby having the armor in the first place moot.

2 Likes