Your opinion on Buffalo F1 board

Just found this board, what is your opinion on it? the flexy battery pack looks cool. I wonder what is the advantage of crowdfunding from the business strategy perspective. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/685366706/worlds-1st-single-dual-motor-switchable-electric-s/description https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4csjhzCT-eDeCpN5USNUDA/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

3 Likes

You get all of your investment capital up-front, and you don’t have to work as hard to get it. You really just need to make one great prototype and then share it.

2 Likes

It has a switch to disable the second motor but why do you ever wan’t to do that?

1 Like

@E-Boarding Probably to increase range.

1 Like

Looks like a LHB ripoff @longhairedboy lol

He isnt wearing a helmet…

3 Likes

Ha! I couldn’t watch the video all the way through because of that! :stuck_out_tongue:

I think it has a cool design and looks weel made. But it will be lame to ride it… 7s and 1200w.

It is 1200 Watts each, so 2400 in total for the dual. But only for a short peak, but that should be enough for the most people who don’t need the most powerful board. Of course not for the members of this forum. But for 599 $ for the early bird it is a good deal. The Battery has 166 Wh which should be good for 17 km in average. But what i don’t like is that they advertise their 7 S Battery with 29,4 V (4,2 * 7). Correct would be 25,2V. And the wheels are 85A. I think that is too hard for e-boards.

@Hillso In these cases (kickstarter/indiegogo) my fear is that the manufactured version won’t be as good as the prototype. There are a LOT of small production mistakes that can lead to poor quality. You have to wonder if the person who developed the prototype is capable of leading a large-scale manufacturing effort. Is that person able to assure consistent quality all the way through the manufacturing process (when said person has never done it before)?

Building a great esk8 in your garage with 3D printed parts is really different than leading large-scale manufacturing efforts. So when you buy into something like this, realize that it’s a gamble.

2 Likes

I think you get your money back in kickstarter, unlike indiegogo, if the product fails. But of course, the quality of the board will also be a gamble.

Why would he need a native english speaker for the kickstarter promo? Only native english speakers can deliver a good final product to market? wow

English-speaker, or don’t see the value in using a native English-speaker in your promo videos…what else have you yet to learn about business? What other mistakes will you make with my money if I back your board?

right there

it looks like a boosted and evolve gt had a baby that is slower than both and made in china.

1 Like

they claim 20-28 km range, is that possible with 166 Wh?

if you can find a 15km section that is all downhill maybe? or without the rider? lol

my new board is 8s 10ah lipo ~350whr and I can only get 20km…maybe 28 if stay under 12mph…but anyone who can do that on a board that goes 25+ doesn’t deserve to ride it :joy: . . . unless you’re very new to eboarding then work your way up safely lol…

1 Like

This company is making fake Reddit accounts to advertise the board, pretending to be someone who “found it and wants to share.” Go look at the subreddit.

3 Likes