Your very first functional board vs your latest board *pics*

Is that Enertion’s OG mount?

Yep … It’s on another board now

Oh man you changed your picture?? Damn G all seeing eye

Yea parts used to be scarce and expensive as all hell! Now motor mounts cost like 40 bucks lol

1 Like

Lol creepy ain’t it :eyes:

@Michaelinvegas Eye for an eye, eh?

1 Like

my very first board was a dual rear topspeed with shrink-tube enclosure, that was attached to the board with rubber tubes:

shortly after I made a proper enclosure from 2mm carbon sheets

then i build my tesseract with the same kind of enclosure:

finally started vacuum bagging and routing into the boards to end up with a really solid looking tesseract and vanguard:

20 Likes

My first electric board made from hoverboard lol

11 Likes

Second diy battery 10s 11ah with dual motor 6355 190kw

4 Likes

First functional board. 2x Turnigy 4S 5000 mAh, 149 kV 6374 SK3.

Current board iteration (Imgur album), more info in the album.

1 Like

Was it good to drive as single drive system? The large sk3? Also planning that motor…

Why not? In other words: yes! Many people are using 6365 and 6374 for Single drive :wink:

2 Likes

The power, even with only 4S and 19/30 gearing was good (average top speed on flat 21 km/h. so not fast). The only bad thing about the SK3 is that I don’t really think that it’s bearings are really made for ground use, as it’s an airplane motor. it has 5 bearings in total and the axle ones are really tiny, so they are not probably made for high amplitude, high frequency vibrations that are present when running on older asphalt. That particular SK3 in the pictures has racked up more then 1000 km and the bearings are pretty much dead. They are also pretty annoying to switch out for new ones, which can be bought from HobbyKing as a replacement set for ~17 euros.

I am planning to test AlienPowerSystem’s 6355 130 kV sensored motor, as it seems to be just a much more neat package overall. Bearings are bigger and are more easily changeable. Overall construction makes more sense for esk8 use. I have already ordered the motor and their motor mounting parts, so I can move away from the 3D-printed design. Price wise it’s also at the same level as the SK3.

I also want to test ollinboards’ motor, so I can then do some educated choices between future motor suppliers.

2 Likes

@SimosMCmuffin Thanks :open_mouth:, Very detailed answer! Then I maybe looking also for the Alien motor… Tanks very much!

Edit:

You mean this one right?

Same size, but mine was the 130 kV one (you corrected it).

If you’re going for a single motor setup, you might as well go with the 6374 size. And then depending on your planned battery voltage, gearing and wheel size, choose between different kV options to get your speed in the ballpark.

1 Like

Someone needs to find longer trucks so we can have dual 6374 side by side instead of diagonal

@psychotiller has 200mm trucks for $25

Thanks, found it http://psychotiller.com/product/ripba-200mm-rkp-trucks definitely interested in this for the next build

The axles are 273mm, but that’s still not enough room for dual 6374s

Maybe I can ask you here ;)… I am planning then one of this motors

Which one would you prefer for a 10s liion battery?

And can I use it with the VESC?

Regards Edit: does someone know how long it will take to deliver to Germany from this shop?, and what about taxes?..