Yuneec E-go 2 Problems

Background The Yuneec E-Go 2 was the first Esk8 board I got due to how cheap it was. I’m a college student, so I wanted to look for a good commute board and went with the E-Go 2. For my first year though, I went to one of the branch campuses for college, so my E-Go 2 was not really used for a year. I made sure to store it properly for the year. When the time for a break came, I was planning to use the board, but the board wouldn’t turn on. Which I learned about the board’s BMS system, so I took a drill and ran a bit next to the wheel connected to the motor to jumpstart the board. I heard the beeps and saw the LED lit on the where the ECU was knowing it turn on. I plugged in the charger to charge it, the charger would show its red, but a minute or two later, it turned green. I went and tried turning the board on then, and the board still won’t turn on.

Question My question is, how much voltage does the ECU take in. I checked the output of the battery to be the correct ~22 volts, and I check the pin connectors of the ECU that connects to the battery when they are connected, and it only reads approximately 1 to 2 Volts. Is that correct?

TL;DR Went off to College. Jump started board after almost a year of inactivity. Board still will not turn. Not sure if ECU is issue or not. Need Help.

A year of inactivity??

Hehe just saying chances are this guy’s cells are dead

1-2v is flat

1 Like

Yeah. I didn’t bring the board with me when I went off to the branch campus for college.

Is there a way for me to check if they are dead? Do I just check the voltages across each cell bc I did that and got a voltage reading across each cell.

Might want to swap the battery

2v whole pack, assuming it’s 6s that would be 0.3v per cell

You can check voltage per every p group via the bms balance connector

2 Likes

You’ll need to swap the battery… .3v is pretty unacceptable in terms of “revival voltage” lol

Got it. My original assumption was the battery but I read some stuff making me think it was ECU, so thanks for the advice and help. I’ll check things out as soon as I can.

Hi All - Seeking someone who can repair a Yuneec E-Go board on Los Angeles. Happy to pay for your expertise to bring this board back to life. I have two handheld controllers and two VESC’s. The board was used twice and then sat for several years. Thanks, Chuck -