Yuneec Ego ESC (ECU) problem

I know I am being trouble but. I really need the name of the IC I can not read it from the pictures you sent. Please take a look at the my photo it is marked (red circle) please try to read the name of the IC for me. Thanks Alpman

Hey, no problem. If i don’t do it by tomorrow, i have totally forgotten, so please remind me , thanks !

hello just to remind you about the ic…

SORRY !!!

this one only has 2 capacitors ;/

Ok dissassambled the 3rd controller, nad it has 3 capacitors, and the little one is 16v220uF

Just to go back a bit up in this thread, I had the same problem with the E-Go some month ago: started to blink yellow after a ride, would not start, and finally no light at all, all dead! I contacted Yuneek in the US, who were quite helpfull, but I leave in Europe so I had to contact their service center in Europe, located in Germany. To make it simple, I was not too impressed with their services. Anyway, after finally receiving my board (which cost me a bomb to send) they told me the damage was due to water ingress and the battery and ESC had to be changed. Cost brought down to 320 euros as a “commercial gesture”. I paid as I wanted to get my board back. To my comment that it was supposed to be waterproof, I never received any answer, but when I received the board back I noticed they put an additional seal around the battery enclosure. Not sure it is really waterproof or even splash proof as I never used it under the rain. Since then the board has worked fine, but I am now always very careful when the road is slightly wet.

caps= 35v 470uf

ic= 5450 tl 44h zc98g4

so it’s posible to use a VESC on yuneec ego 1 ?

If you’re willing to recreate the functions that the old controller had (i.e. new Bluetooth controller, etc.).

Samusaki: In regards to your repeated comments on lack of waterproofness…I hope you realized that unless something is designed to be used under water, it’s not water proof (look up definitions of water resistance), and even then it’s only water resistant.

I was in a sport that learned to coat the motherboard so the board doesn’t fry when it rains…but >>no-one<< expected the board to work after being submerged in water…even though it tended to be, but only for short times.

Just sayin’

Hello, new here and this seemed like the best place to ask for help after doing a search.

I have a yuneeq ego that has is not working. Last I checked it turns on but does not connect via phone connection. The remote has already not been working or holding charge but main concern in getting the board to work again.

Before it completely stopped working it would randomly lose connection to the phone and as time went on that problem became worse. The board would only connect for a few seconds the stop working. Also, if the board did decide to connect, connectivity would be lost after hitting any small bump in the road.

Now it seems the board will not connect at all and does not accept a charge.

I am wondering what specific tools I need to disassemble the board and what would should I test?

If anything was not clear please let me know and I will try to clear it up. I have not tried to turn on or connect the board in months. I will double check the symptoms and update tonight if needed.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Happy Labor Day weekend!

Hello, welcome in the world of the “non-working E-Go”! Same problem as you with battery not charging. It worked a bit the first months, then one day it stopped. I sent it for repair to Yuneec, they replaced battery and ESC and it cost me 300 euros +postage. Allegedly “damage due to water”. With all due respect to @NulodPBall, there is a gap between a submarine board and being able to suffer a few drops of rain, and I don’t thing Yuneec is anywhere there. Anyway, I was able to use my repaired board for a few months before it let me down again. I am in the process of changing the electronics to have hopefully a more reliable system. I think Yuneec should stick to drones…

1 Like

Hi friends.

Unfortunately I had ride on a few puddles the other day on my EGO-2 and this what I found since it does not want to start. This is the ECU. Is there any hope? What is that white sticky stuff? Would Yuneec warranty cover this?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5QKTO6DzM0wCdf9B2https://photos.app.goo.gl/5QKTO6DzM0wCdf9B2

I don’t know where you are based. In Europe their after sales service is in Germany. So the first hurdle is to send the board there (in my case 50 GBP). Then if it’s a water damage it won’t probably be covered by the warranty. They will if you’re lucky propose a replacement with a discount. In my case battery+ECU 320 Euros. Then it will still not be even splash-proof. It’s very strange because it seems very well sealed. I don’t know where the water is going through.

I should have read this post before attaching a new ECU. Lol. Losing 100 pounds.

after attaching the new ECU. it worked for 10 meters than died. No lights from any where.

As the postal cost is from uk 50 pounds. thinking to send the motor.

Is there anyway we can clean the motor and make the ECU work ?

i did fry it i think

Hello all I am new, I have a Yuneec EGO2 and was looking for some help trouble shooting a problem. My board sat in the garage for a month or 2 when I was unable to ride it, everything seems fine on my board, battery is charging fine and remote connects to ecu fine but when I turn the board on it doesnt beep and the led on the esc just kinda flickers. I can make the wheels turn with the remote but only if I spin them by hand at first. I tried riding it by push starting and it will barely move. No indicator lights on the remote shows charged battery and remote. Any ideas?

Re-bind the remote to ecu, directions are in the manual on yuneecs site

I tried that with no luck. I bought another ecu and remote off ebay and hooked it up and had the same issue.

Hey guys,

My Ego stopped working 2 days ago after a hill climb against the wind - went up the hill and back down the other side then turned off the board for a few minutes. When I turned it back on - I got the low battery warning. Then seconds later it just died. My girlfriend pulled me with her Yuneec and the board would spontaneously give the start up beep. Got home and hooked it to my charger. Even though charger shows full charge board won’t start up. No beep no LED light.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? Which parts need replacing.

Will add that the board is 2,5 years old and I car drove over it a year ago and I already have gotten myself a Koowheel gen 2 (much faster :smiley: ) but I am kind of sentimental and don’t want to chuck the board out;

Hello Every one,

I have Ego 2 board using it from past 2 years. It got wet 3 times in two years and I kept it to dry and it worked. But recently it was again rain splash and the board is not getting on.

Any suggestions please