ZENITHAL REDUX | Dual Dark Matter 6374 190kv | Dual ESCape | 11S5P 30Q | F1 SuperFly

Sorry no batch 4 :roll_eyes:

Lol damn. Still man great job that things a beast!

1 Like

Do you feel the car in fiber contributes significantly to a lighter total weight?

No idea, haven’t weighed it yet, feels hefty, though it could just be that I’m not used to 55 cells, the whole thing feels very solid, not a single rattle The enclosure is 8lbs, motors 4lbs, wheels 4lbs, don’t know deck, trucks The deck is likely the lightest part…lol

Nice build! Love to see that the community efforts bear fruits :slight_smile:

How did you fix the components (battery pack, ESCs, etc.) to the enclosure? Glue or velcro maybe?

1 Like

Everything is siliconed to the enclosure

5 Likes

Is that natural cure like corning 737 or is it just a more general silicone?

1 Like

I used a general silicone. Which that tube also looks to be @Sender

1 Like

you can find that stuff at your local hardware store

just ask for 100% silicone

1 Like

For some reason I thought it was super necessary to get the “natural cure” stuff. This is way more convenient, I already have like 5 tubes of this. Thanks gentlemen

4 Likes

@Sender neutral take longer to cure. But anyway acetyl shouldnt degrade the glass of the enclosure or PVC on batteries. Just leave the enclosure open to air for a few days before bolting it to the board so that all of the silicone can cure and the gasses don’t rest on things like the terminals/focboxes etc…

2 Likes

Yeah it’s great, a bit bouncy, holds like cement. My trick for removing something siliconed in, is fishing line, get it underneath whatever is siliconed and with a sawing motion drag it across and underneath the siliconed object, out in seconds, 0 damage

7 Likes

Do you guys even glue your batteries together with this pre spot welding? I used the natural cure stuff and it took FOREVER to dry…

1 Like

yea I know scept does

1 Like

Cool, that will save a shitload of time.

3 Likes

Yep all the cells are siliconed first, then kapton and isolators, then welded

8 Likes

Alright, I have a bunch of different size kapton, but what is that tape with the fiberglass or whatever in it? Also my fish paper is non adhesive, should I just silicone that down or is there a preferred adhesive to use? Sorry for clogging your thread, these quandaries have been nagging at me.

2 Likes

It’s strapping tape, I got adhesive backed fish paper, I think @Deckoz mentioned some spray adhesive he uses for plain fish paper

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ICBG46C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_smSTAbSR086E3

3 Likes

Can’t decide whether to keep or not

8 Likes

Why not?!?? Lights are purdy.

1 Like