#001 | Evolve trucks | 3D printed enclosure | Dual 6355s 190kv | Custom lipo | Focbox unity | swappable battery

do the batteries slide out or something? do you need to remove the screws to replace them?

Best thing you can do for warping is use a large brim and enclose the printer somehow, heat everything and let it sit for half an hour and only then start printing

1 Like

if you want to change the whole battery you just have to press the blue release button and access the battery. if you want to excahnge single cells of course you have to unscrew the battery to get access to the single lipos

1 Like

the trend goes to a third 3d printer :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Does that mean it (the battery) slides out all in one piece?

Yes. The blue button releases the entire battery in 1 piece.

2 Likes

a bit of progress… battery body is done and the fit is snug and good so far. i have to change a few things in my actual 3d designand reprint the part because ocd…

• cable management holder are to tiny so the bms cables cant fit through properly
  • bms snap holder are to tight <-- rethink the concepts
  • bit more gap for the batterys to handle the swelling and as well for the xt90 connectors
  • thicken up the locking mechanism

Pros: petg print came out super sturdy and pretty with only a bit of oozing and

IMG_20181030_172503

6 Likes

Really enjoying this project! Keep us updated!!!

2 Likes

Updates updates updates

Reprinted the body with the updates now everything fits nicely. Right now the counter part cap is on the printer. (Should be done within next 20hrs)

Printed everything with clear filament due the fact that I ran out of different colors and thought never mind I paint it anyway but now as a see the lipos and cable shine through that translucent body… Gorgeous…IMG_20181107_204051-01

13 Likes

IMG_20181107_204057-01

13 Likes

this is one of the coolest battery designs i have ever seen. keep up the great work

1 Like

Firstly, what an awesome design, Just a lil question, in the CAD design, im not seeing a cutout for the charge port on the main housing (where the ESC’s are), which might(?) be an issue seeing the couple of mm the charge port sticks out on the battery mockup, is this fixed now?

1 Like

What printer did you end up getting :smiley:

3 Likes

in the picture the chargout isnt fully put in the housing… its sitting flush with the battery housing, when assembled propperly :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Got the Anycubic Chiron. Huge platform, good heat bed and the overall print quality is decent.

Late reply…had to go on several work trips and had a bad back inquiry within the last weeks so everything slows now down a bit but still made some progress beside back pain and pain killer :laughing:

V1 battery cap was now printed and assembled. Sanded the prints a bit but now everything aligns perfectly. Overall print quality of the cap isn’t perfect so i made some changes on my printer the get rid of these issues.

NOW what’s next: V3 body and cap are right now on the way including changes from v2/3 + 3d printer upgrades. I started to assembly the internals to V1/2 and everything and it fits quite nicely so you could say the battery comes together like a charm. When the new hosuing then is finished id just have to be swapped to V3. For everything else….Still waiting for my Unity. That would be the next step getting foc in hand and finish the housing design but until now nothings here and project is stopping… Mechanical assembly of the board, motors, trucks etc. is done. So far.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xVfo6EvzhKeAXZmg8 https://photos.app.goo.gl/4cWVuU9mHh9XdP5o9

4 Likes

Any updates? :smiley:

Sorry no updates lately being hospitalised since one week now :frowning: couldnt convince my wife to run an 3d print :smiley:

2 Likes

No shit! Man take care of yourself! And i look forward to more progress, but hey, focus on you! Happy holidays!

4 Likes