12s2p Lithium Battery Pack Recommendations?

I’m looking fo a li ion 12s2p battery pack with a built in bms. I don’t know much about batteries but I’ve read on a few of these threads that li ion are safer than li po. I need something that I can just plug and charge without having to worry about the battery over charging. Does anyone have any recommendations?

@barajabali Can make you one.

2 Likes

http://miamielectricboards.com/shop-1/12s-stealth-battery

This is the one I’m getting

Almost half the price of bara’s

1 Like

What cells does it use?

Bara’s has Samsung 25Rs.

1 Like

Ask @oriol360

1 Like

Found the post.

1 Like

So they’re not samsung, but you get what you pay for. If you have the dough, get bara’s. I don’t have the money for his though.

1 Like

I have MEB’s stealth battery and it’s great. I haven’t had any issues with the ~50 miles that I’ve put on it thus far… I guess 50 miles isn’t enough to gauge how it’ll do in the long run. Regardless, it’s quite nice!

1 Like

How does it compare to the strength of 2x 6s 5000 mAh Lipo’s?

This looks perfect! This is my first build so I hope this will all work out well

1 Like

Strength = range or speed? Speed is your typical 12s speeds depending on your gearing. I get ~26-27mph on my 190kv and 15/36 gearing on 83mm wheels with my stealth battery. I’m not a very heavy guy though, weighing in at 115 lbs (52kg).

Range - I went for a leisure cruise that was somewhere between 7-8 miles and I still had ~35% on the battery. Plug and play functionality works as expected. The pack that I received was labeled “3000mAh” which I’m guessing is per cell so I’m guessing the whole pack itself is 6000mAh since it’s 2p.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m just gonna be using it to get around a pretty compact campus. So that range should be fine for me.

How would you charge such a large battery?