***13S Evo From Hell ***

This is the first board I’ve owned that I’ve changed out the bushings. First was a boosted board which I didn’t touch and the second was a trampa so it had springs. I’m currently running blood orange double barrels 89a out back and 86a up front.

I just took a look at this chart and it seems I need a stiffer bushing. I swing between 195-200lbs.

What do you guys think? I would definitely consider the evo a stiff deck…

1 Like

Hey I know we talked but I’ll put it here

Your currently on Blood orange double barrel 89a/89a rear And blood orange barrel 89a boardside/ 86a roadside

As you like the way it feels/turns but want a better centering. Think you should switch board side bushings from 89a barrels to 89a wedges to increase rebound and centering.

I’m sure others opinions will help though :slight_smile:

PS the Muir skate duro chart is universal. Blood Orange is similar to Riptide APS bushings(not WFB)

1 Like

How have you been going with wedges? Have you experimented?

Currently using boltzen 12 degree. 70/30 was a crazy as I spend most time cruising around the 15-25mph range.

How’s your board holding up with 13s? What kind of range are you getting on this beast? Debating whether I should go the 13s route when I start my evo build…thanks man

1 Like

I’m sure he’ll respond. But he’s getting around 26-30 miles and it’s been holding up great. Mine(basically the twin brother) is almost done.

Heere’s a log from the other day.

2 Likes

Yeah it has been working flawlessly. The extra cell keeps battery amps wayyyy down.

I haven’t seen over 40A ever and this setup is geared pretty tall and I’m 200lbs (setup will do 45mph easy).

Even at 100A motor setting I’m not getting any of the abs fault codes I was getting with my 12s trampa build before this one. I’m sure it’s do to the upped voltage which in turn means less amps pulled.

I will never build anything 12s ever again. 13s is the way forward for sure.

@alhow for range I would say 25+ for cruising and 15+ for beating the hell out of it.

1 Like

does 13s give higher top speed? I mean You could wait till voltage drops to 12s value but Then whats the point?

This build goes 45mph … Find a other belt drive that goes that fast @Blitz

Plus efficiency is out the wazoo

1 Like

@Blitz

OF COURSE IT DOES!!!

Higher top speed, faster acceleration, better braking more efficient.

Other than that it’s completely pointless tho :joy:

Furthermore it was wasn’t even intentionally geared for speed. I tried to keep a really reasonable to have insane acceleration and not do much over 30mph to keep my ass out of he hospital. Well I underestimated what an extra cell does. It accelerates faster than I can even stay on it and it does 45mph easy. Best of both worlds. Slightly taller gears and this thing would be in the 50’a no problem. Not a chance I’m testing that shit out though hah.

1 Like

Shit im running 9s :joy: This is so cool Ima read this whole topic :smiley:

Thanks For explaining!

1 Like

Is there a limit for how much series these 63mm motors can handle?

There is a limit but not one will ever reach mostly these motors "ratings " are from vesc , I don’t there has bin anyone in this forum that has hooked a "10s motor " and burned it because they hooked it up to a 12s battery more like 10s motor is because of the kV and it will reach the erpm limit on the vesc

what’s your gearing?

15/36T

2.4:1 ratio

2 Likes

Where did you get the 20mm Wide motor gear & Belts ??

Thanks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HTD-5M-15T-21W-5-6-6-35-8-10-12-12-7mm-Bore-Motor-Timing-Belt-Drive-Pulley-15T/252402870141?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=551250489123&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Now if i cld only find in Steel ?

That’s like trying to find a unicorn!

Beltingonline.com has most sizes in steel , 15width, 25width , but no 20.