***13S Evo From Hell ***

Hey! I am also working on a beast-board with single 6374 190kv motor, 24/36 gear ratio, 13s2p LG HG2, and 90mm wheels.

good luck getting going with 24/36…

5 Likes

Lol.62mph… nope

Why wouldn’t 2/3 gear ratio not go? I haven’t ridden the build yet, gonna get it done this afternoon.

Who said Lemming were the only living beings with a dead wish?

You can always go slower with less power. You probably won’t go 62mph due to voltage sag or battery bottle-neck, but I am willing to see.

Becareful with VESC / FOCBOX maximum erpm. There are few cases that the VESC tosted because it can’t handle the rpm limit.

I think 13s 190kv is safe. I’ve done 12s 190kv for a long time and it was fine.

according to Jason @onloop the Focbox is not limited to the 60k erpm like regular vescs are. Apparently they have run them well over 100,000 erm on a regular basis with no issues.

I cant imagine how this will run with 13s, i have a similar set up on 12s and its insane how fast this is.

1 Like

I run 80a motor max on my dual FocBox LY Evo with 208kv motors and have never generated an error and have intermittently passed the 60k erpm barrier.

1 Like

Just saying but a 1.5:1 ratio is very steep. You will be pushing the motor to its maximum. You will also have very bad hill climbing

FOCBOX seems to be a bargain here since they have enclosure, corrected VESC version and the price is a bargain compared to VESC 6.

2 Likes

So I have a couple of things I need to figure out.

I’ve never done a non flex pack before and although this board is really stiff… it will still flex some. With that being said is there an optimal way to isolate the battery inside the enclosure so if the enclosure flexes the battery will not flex with it.

My plan was to use double stick tape to fasten the battery pack to he bottom of he enclosure but my fear is that will cause extra stress on the battery.

Secondly I need a nice flush mount xt90 panel. Apparently there is no antispark on the face of the planet that won’t fail and get stuck open… even the anti spark heaven ones that were supposed to be bulletproof. As much as this drives me insane, I guess I’m going to have to deal with an awful loop key…

-Added balance plug and charge port.

-BMS wired up

Now to dial in the charger :slight_smile:

Oh WORD!?!?!!?!?!?! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

13ssssssss

8 Likes

Thanks to @bigben for cranking out an enclosure super fast for my impatient self!!!

Finished turned out to be way nicer than expected. It’s a smooth satin finish that blends in really nice!

7 Likes

That looks amazing @pshaw congrats!

I’m sorry for not being able to make an enclosure for you on time, your final board is beututiful!

No worries my man! I know you had like 3 different designs all going at once :slight_smile:

Thanks for the compliments! There are just a few things keeping this thing from being pretty close to perfect.

• an antispark that actually won’t fail me
  • a nice remote that gives me a telemetry readout.

For the remote I know there are a few options but I don’t think they look good enough or they require a serious amount of time to build. Weirdly enough I’m kinda diggin evolves new remote. I just want something that looks and feels really high quality to match the board. These little cheapo remotes most of us use have crap for mechanical throw and feel like a cheap toy.

He just wanted to beat me to having his 13s build finished before me lol…

I could have 3 boards built by the time you get those motor mounts finished :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes