18650 group buy

How true is that claim?

Heat will have an effect for sureā€¦I seen a guy with cooling spray after he welds ā€¦ Not a bad ideaā€¦it was in a can

Oh he also said to use a high watt soldering ironā€¦to have the solder melt quick as not to heat the battery up

No soundā€¦but seems like how a person would do it at homeā€¦ I like his steps

This dude is using sleds for 3s but you could apply it to a larger packā€¦hence no soldering of the actual battery and if you set it up right ā€¦ You can pop out a bad cell if it goes badā€¦

Just an idea @barajabali

anyone know the best type of flux for soldering 18650 cells?

The :sob: Crying and Explaing :grin:

Know it well :weary:

Thatā€™s the reason I used sleds for my 10s4p

1 Like

Did you have any issues? How abt space?

space is the same as spot welding length and width wise, its about 4mm taller because of the sleds. so far i have not been able to do a real test because the first time i rode it my esc broke off my board and a solder joint broke and shorted a transistor out.

Ugh frustrating ā€¦ Hope you get to re-do and it worksā€¦

Oh and by the way

( . ) ( . )

Iā€™m with the rest of the groupā€¦ Your Avatar messed us up lol

how so?

Come onā€¦everyone thought u were a hot chick ā€¦ On an electric skateboard lol

All good ā€¦ We still love you lol

So do you think it would be a possibility to have a 3D printed sled that you could use on a boardā€¦with the functionality of being able to swap out batteries or groups of sleds? Your thoughts?

just made a thread about my current build.

2 Likes

EMAIL SENT!

I sent the email this morning (4/1/16) They should be contacting you soon! No this is not an April Foolā€™s Joke

They should contact you soon here is a shot of the email i sent them

@treenutter @barajabali @cmatson @longhairedboy @Ulfberht @BigAl

3 Likes

I got my email and I paid for it

no email yetā€¦ i will check again EVERY FIVE SECONDS.

1 Like

13 bucks for shipping my grand total was 203 dollars for 44 cells

1 Like

I got the email and i paid for it. OMG iā€™m so pumped about building this pack. Its going to stomp everything.

now to nickel strips and charger and more superworm wire.

I hope you clowns are going to build these and bring them down to orlando in may. Thereā€™s a ride happening on those sick ass trails that iā€™m always testing my boards on.

1 Like