1st "Budget" Build


Looks fantastic

If the rest of your 1st build is of the same quality, it’s going to be great


The deck is from amazon for 40€ and I don’t why the trucks of this longboard were complete garbage(not mine for the build). I’ll try to sell them. The quality of the deck for this price is ok. I’ll post some pics later.

20190331_193223 I will put 6mm riser pads from APS under the trucks to have a bit more ground clearance later on.


Make sure to take excellent care of your batteries and VESC.

I want to start coating my ESCs and BMSs in conformal coating like @b264, you should probably do the same :+1:

1 Like

Does that mean, that I squeeze some silicone or with hot glue into the gaps to seal it? I plan to route the phase wires through cable glands.

Specific materials are needed for effective waterproofing and efficient heat transfer

Hot glue for the little holes in your enclosure is fine, silicone would probably be best

“neutral cure silicone” like “GE Silicone 2+” maybe but definitely never use hot glue

1 Like

Might wanna use tupperware or fiberglas for the enclosure.

facts, I got mine today

I had today the first testride. I used a f’in shoebox as a enclosure :smile: Works pretty well so far.

Does it matter if I put l the put loop key out of the enclosure, hanging freely in the air? 20190403_170753

in the enclosure will be harder to remove in an emergency but with it out it could come lose unless its attached properly

Make sure the wiring that is touching the outside of the enclosure won’t wear through the wiring and it should be fine. And it won’t get caught on anything.

1 Like

Probably I would make a lottle bit stiffier to ensure durability of the key.

I’m almost done with it. Last but not least I have to screw down the boxes and then put back on the motor mount with some Loctite. Build quality is decent, I think. 20190404_202319

1 Like

Well done, bet you can’t wait to take it out.

I bought myself some orange 80a Kegel’s after I saw yours, and love em

1 Like

Yeah really, as said before, I had a testride and drove along a rough street and lost some screws from the motor mount and then the set screws from the motor pulley came loose and then I had to drag it all the way under my arm back home.(without locktite)Can’t wait! :sunglasses:

My Build is done. 20190405_234620 It is ready to be taken outside!:heart_eyes:

Well, I had a throwback today. I have no keyway on the motorshaft (that means no rabbet milled in)and as I was driving uphill, the motor pulley snapped then on the shaft, because of too much load. I rasped down a flat surface on the shaft for screwing down the set screws and learned the lesson.:sweat:

20190523_064825 A little update. Changed it to an sensored motor from APS with 270kv and upgraded the battery to 10 Ah. My range is about 25 km one charge. I have screwed down my main switch and added a metr pro. I’m happy with my build right now. :grin: