I’ve been lurking for a while, reading up and I think I’m ready to post.
I have an Evolve Bamboo GT which is great, but that thing is really not meant to be portable. I would LOVE the yet-to-be-released Arc Board as a second board. Super small, super light, easy to fit under your your arm or in a backpack. I would probably buy one if it were available but I don’t want to wait until at least April when international orders will start to be filled. And as we know, there’s a pretty good chance that it’ll be delayed. Also, if something breaks and it’s DIY, I can fix it. Not so easy with a board that comes from Singapore.
I really want to
imitate rip off their design as much as possible, including the 22" x 7.7" chubby deck and 6" trucks and 3.5kg (7.7lb) weight
Anyway, I have a spare 5065 140KV motor with a 15 teeth pulley which I would like to use to save a little money. Also, I’m into RC planes and drones so have a pretty good balance charger.
With that as a starting point, I would like to have a 15km (~10mi) range MAX and a 20km/h - 25km/h (~12mph - 15mph) top speed. I would like it to have enough torque to pull 80kg (175lb) up a 15%-20% incline.
I’m thinking of using 83mm wheels although I would prefer 76mm.
So it would be great if you could help me figure out the following:
- Will a 32T or even a 38T pulley + belt fit on a 76mm wheel?
- Will 2 x 4S 3Ah (6Ah total) LiPo packs connected in series give me the range and torque I would like?
- Where could I get a 22"x 7" or 22" x 8" deck with a kicktail?
- Where can I get 6" trucks and will available motor mounts fit?
- Will 52mm wide wheels with a 63mm motor fit on a 6" truck?
- If not, what wheels could I use?
- Finally, will this setup as a whole make sense or have I got it completely wrong!?
I hope these questions aren’t too n00bish.
Please let me know what you think.
Thanks for your help!