24hr super sale BERGMEISTER WHEELS

Hey @riverside.rider, I registered interest in the gear drive thread already.

Question, is there any possibility that package © would be made available for those who have picked up wheels on this thread?

Maybe a good thing to discuss with @nuttyjeff

1 Like

Hello everybody,

quick update:

• left in stock I have: ----> Red matte: 6 sets remaining ----> Blue matte: 8 sets remaining ----> Silver shiny: 12 sets remaining

All orders that I have received up to now have already been sent to the post office. Tracking numbers will be sent out shortly.

There is 3.5hours remaining until the sale is over (cutoff is 18:00 Taipei time). Orders received by/before the cutoff will be sent out by post Saturday morning.

For those that have purchased this double Bergmeister set, contact me by pm or mail if you are also interested in the https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/the-avio-at-gear-drive-project/77886 setup. We will work something out.

@702vegas: yes will be posting pics of the tb218 pulley later today.

If you have any questions, email or pm me.

cheerio Timo

4 Likes

That’s super fast shipping

3 Likes

More info on that? Scrolled through the topic but not very clear :smiley:

1 Like

Hey e-riders ! Yes Timo, I’m testing them on my Supercarve trucks with chain drive for now (@thiswasandy) . It’s all good, the second step is at D10mm and not 12mm like Kahua, and the length of this second partition is 21mm long for the evolve and 30mm for the kahua. The kahua is really perfect for a gear drive with this space!

4 Likes

I will post an update of the gear drive prototype ready for e-blank-test soon :wink: (actually hand spin only…) I was working on a GD for a long time now, and got the fkn silent etoxx one in hand for inspiration / also ready to rock on my next eMTB :blush: but here I mainly focused by the locking system of the Haggyboard motor mount and want to try to incorporate almost the same design adapted for my Gear Drive (after asking to Timo of curse), I have two sizes in test actually : A small one for 50mm only (30 (Maytech/TB/etc and 38mm (Racerstar)), with 1.5m and a bit more compact. And the bit bigger one, for 50 and 63mm motor, working with m2 and larger gear tooth. And remixing a dual helical anti-sideload (and auto-centered if I can say, after my hand spinning blank tests) gear to test after the straight one.

5 Likes

This is great, really amped on this collaboration

It would be nice to have some more big wheel love next @riverside.rider, specifically 9"

There is a distinct lack of affordable 9" options out there. 3DServisas is coming out with a 9" with superstar pattern that will fit a variety of gear drives, I guess primarily their own 1:5 drive of which I have a beta of, I’m too heartbroken to replace it yet although 1:5 gearing is right for 9" for sure. image

Trampa has a drive which fits both 9" and 8" which is cool and looks it, but ouch $$$ (ok you get motors included) image

You kind of have to beat something out of etoxx in this area it’s unlisted really but I think he can do a MBS ->Fivestar to Superstar hub adapter if you get truck adapters to make the trucks longer etc. image

Kaly stops at 8" 1:4 drive uses superstar pattern image

Look at the MBS hub, a hub which fits both 8" and 9" is fantastic

Imagine if it fitted all the vendor drives/hole patterns above ^ without an adapter One hub to rule them all, you just need to give it some lip

3 Likes

@banjaxxed: Hi Alan, indeed that would be nice, but right now we are doing baby steps and ensuring we get our stuff right. For the time being, the focus is on the collaboration project with @nuttyjeff and we are also doing some work on our enclosure + custom BMS + Vesc derivative. This has taken already a lot of time and the injection moulding procedure does not really allow for mistakes.

I will keep the above in mind and may have a try at it next summer.

4 Likes

Yeees, more 9" wheels please ^^

I ride this 9" since more than a year, with the Fivestar hub on my vertigo trucks. I love the 9", but actualy Andy and the compared make me curb my desires. Really heavy but lovely.

I can set this 9" swapping the etoxx wheel adapter from the mbs to trampa kit and make it work with the trampa GD. But would like to set it on my matrix 2 extented. But only 8" with rockstar hub. Kugelis making the 9" compatible with 8" hub other stuff is really clever.

That’s cool, yea Kug3lis is wrapping up this segment at the mid price point; my point.

The 3DServisas 9" hub is only rated for 9" tires I think, not sure if it fits 8" tires at all, the product page has different listing for both. The MBS fivestar hub says that it should be doable, so I do not understand why everyone doesn’t do this, not sure if there is a patent on the lip or such.

The E-toxx adapter solution is great but increases truck width usage which is not ideal

Not sure if the Trampa drive supports all wheel types - superstar, trampa 9" and MBS, it may do :thinking:

I like variety, good stuff Haggyboard :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Me. I’m netherlands based but i guess we’re to late.

Hello everybody, thanks for all the interest and purchases! Definitely much much more than I have anticipated. We nearly cleared all the stock. All orders have been fulfilled and are on the way to those who have ordered. Tracking numbers have been sent out. We will have more stock mid-January with exciting new hub /rim colors. All going well there may very well be another super 24hr sale on the horizon.

Also, we are still in the process of having the pulleys machined for the TB218 / Bergmeister setup. Once we are happy with everything, we will be releasing the files for everybody to freely use and modify.

thanks everybody and merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I am off for a little vacation with my family.

Timo santa-claus-on-skateboard-vector-1717305

16 Likes

I am sad and glad I missed that sale, that would have been another case of spending money I did not earn yet😅

3 Likes

Great deal @riverside.rider looking forward for new hubs

3 Likes

Yeah we missed out - damn it :frowning:

1 Like

Message @riverside.rider he just MIGHT be able to squeeze you in. @Maxid

2 Likes

He most certainly will because who doesn’t love love money? :star_struck:

1 Like

He squeezed me in this morning fortunately. Dont worry though, it looks like he’ll organize another one soon

im gonna use these on surfrodz rkp as well. are you using the psychotiller mounts? and what length belts?

1 Like

Ive got them on his longer rkp mounts with 16t-60t pullys and 365 belts. I have tkp mounts with his shorter plates tho. If you can wait a dew days ill get you the length needed.

1 Like