3 crashes in 2 days

Glad your alive man…

But make sense why I always gave you a hard time about padding up at them speeds? It doesn’t feel to good does it?

I was never throwing shade bro… I just like to keep my skin.

6 Likes

Lucky dude, lucky…

Heal fast, make sure you dress those wounds properly & regular :wink:

2 Likes

You were the first person I was thinking of. Like fuck, that guy was so right. Didn’t break anything but got some severe road rash

4 Likes

I am for sure, just trying to avoid any infection

2 Likes

I just trying to look out for everybody. I’m really glad your ok. Wounds heal man… but it’s just to skate another day. Make sure you keep the roadrash wet and dressed to not impede mobility as cobber said :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you let it dry out you will go through the pain of your skin growing back. Shit even your leg hair growing can be painful and itchy :rofl: while not as intense as losing skin. It also comes with no adrenaline and aches and aches… If you have some minor ones you might chose to let them dry out… ideally if you haven’t dealt with this sort of wound a few times seek some advice. “Opsite” might be suitable, will depend on how much exudate the wounds secrete.

3 Likes

@Cobber you just reminded me that my wound was itchy! :joy: Got like a 3.5x2 Inch Scrape on my arm.

IF this is on topic guys, Would you ever recommend someone just to Use sterile soap and nothing else? Or should they also use peroxide or rubbing alcohol say on a 4x2 inch road rash?

My first cleaning I typically clean with warm water and soap. Then rinse the fresh wound in alcohol (only the first time).

Depending on the size, I either start with Alocain creme(if small and not to deep) or go directly to a&e oinments with a tagaderm dressing.

I’ve also used seran wrap before when I’m out of tagaderm. But I wrap the seran wrap in gauze so it can’t get ripped and open to air. Basically what tattoo artist do after they hamburger your skin.

Im editing this. I’m no scientist or doctor.

But normally superficial wounds are easily cleaned with sanatizing temperature water. Severe road rash with sanatizing temperatures is…well excruciating. While I trust soap and warm water to do it’s job as a surfactant and get road dirt out. I don’t trust it for the first cleaning. I cannot mentality bring myself to not use use a light spray of alcohol before packing my wounds. Because who knows what was on the street. Soaps primary job is to suspend oils and organics to be washed away, which is all I do for subsequent cleanings and re-bandage. Just roads are covered in metals, and are outside, it’s very easy to get a major tetanus infection. Especially if you haven’t had a shot in 5+ years.

2 Likes

oh update on me, arms are totally healed, hand infection is almost gone, and skin is starting to grow back

5 Likes

Cool, glad to read that !

Really had nothing to do with split ppm

My balls retracted into my body when I read this. Involuntary reaction.

7 Likes

Lol. Alcohol actually feels cooling on wounds like this. Where water and soap burn. And obviously don’t use peroxide, because we’ll don’t and that’s the real ball retractor

3 Likes

The minis do seem to wear out. The new mini had more range in the live ppm display in bldc-tool. The power switch on the new one is smoother.

1 Like

Okay, the promised photos. Cracked solder joint on my homemade ppm splitter

And the pcb shots. The enclosure looks superglued. Will open it soon but for now these shots look good enough. Not really sure what’s going on there. The solder joint for the pin to the pcb looks mechanically okay, but that black crud…

And a shot of the bottom through the enclosure.

2 Likes

So many times we see Trampa setups unstable above 30mph. Would be cool if Trampa could do some work to their truck. It has some of the nicest market and aftermarket components that bolt on for its platform for reliability, strength and speed. Get well Matt.

1 Like

Welcome to some of the shitest roads around. I use the speed and strength shirts here and it’s miserable anything over 90f but I’ll take that over a missing skin / busted shoulders.

1 Like

Well that’s not very optimistic…

Honestly MoeBro for electric application I think it is as simple as making the angle of the deck tips directional. Instead of 35/35, make them 45/25… problem solved :nerd_face:

(or have a 10 degree wedge/dewedge kit)

In fact @Nowind, JensoBro you wanted some projects while your in recovery? what do you think about a cnc wedge/dewedge kit for Trampa decks?

1 Like

Derek had his Trampa deweged at speedruns in El Mirage and no bueno.

1 Like