3 crashes in 2 days

do you know how much?

What happened to @Nowind? Is he alright?

Just solder all the things.

2 Likes

The black crud on receiver looks like water corrosion. Like a few drops got in there.

As for the spliter, sux to have such a physically tiny issue bring you down. Goes to show everything from the throttle trigger to the motors is mission critical.

1 Like

Cant recall what he said for certain. My visual memory says -10deg -20rear… wish I woulda took more pictures that day

1 Like

Yeah RIP BigBro

I’d have gone for a bigger split f/b… but for sure ad nauseam we have discussed this. The trampa is a fun freeride dirt deck. Its not a speed deck. There is a oscillation that develops at speed front to back cause of the deck flex/bushing/springs and also a secondary problem when the deck is driven from the rear, then coming off of throttle load it releases a lot of energy like a big composite spring that is uncontrollable. Maybe more thane in the bushings would help a bit, more with the former less with the latter?

For me who is now riding all directional set ups it just feels like what I would like to be comfortable… but hey most of the kids are riding 50/50?

The new Zill board is a 40+ MPH Trampa. Is it using different trucks?

1 Like

Zill Board is a Trampa and it is not usiang any different trucks

1 Like

Will be interesting to see then if it develops a speed wobble as others describe here.

1 Like

Most of the people that are going to buy these kind of board, aren’t always experimented enough to understand speed wobble. It is not a matter of if but when, because sadly the trampa deck and truck are mainly made to handle pushing speed not high speed.

3 Likes

Ive been running my mini remote for roughly 200 miles with a lithium battery upgrade and no problems whatsoever. Ive recharged it several times and dont see any problems yet, though the red indicator light is much brighter than the stock AA light

@Tron thanks for that recommendation on the houston group… i’ve been looking for a group of houston guys to go riding with and didnt know there were any

I might hit the bayou today :3

the bayou?

buffalo bayou! Houston? i’m a Houston rider :smiley:

man, i wish i lived downtown… or close lol… if i take my board downtown i have to recharge it after i get there… I stay in deer park

damn :(, wish you lived here too! I go like everyday round he bayou. It’s only 3 miles from my house. so I lap it twice and get a good 12 mile trip

ncie, i usually ride from my house to sylvan beach (roughly 12-13 miles) and ride around there and then come back home

found u on fb, lets tlk there lol

Dammit I planted again. 2 times in fact since the original post lol. I’m gonna make a post because putting up the original post helped organize my thinking, and learning from the events.

#1 going super slow walking speed, saw a very depressed manhole cover, thought i could get around, but no. the 90mm flywheel stopped immediately, and off the front I went. Same fall pattern as the earlier two, so once again I landed with my front elbow going into my ribs. Pretty bad this time, I though I broke a rib, but it was just soft tissue damage. Took forever to feel somewhat okay, actually until about 3 days ago, forcing me to ride gingerly, and put aside the Raptor 2 that just arrived :frowning: :frowning:

What did I learn from this? Don’t try to be greedy.

#2 today, started to rain, started to rush a bit trying to beat the rain. Lost traction avoiding a bike, went down. Thankfully, pretty slow, and no traffic. Scraped the back of the Pass. Didn’t feel much on impact but now I’m starting to feel stuff. Front wrist took some impact, and and rear hip joint feels a bit odd. Tiny rash on rear knee. Diagnosis? I didn’t learn enough from #1. To add to it, I lost my front glove in the morning part of the commute, which probably would have lessened the impact on the front hand. Weirdly, no rash on the bare hand!

Lessons (re)learned: don’t rush, don’t “go for it” unless I’m willing to not make it every now and then.

What’s working:

• Helmet TSG Pass
  • Strength and Speed flannel shirt with armor. This thing has been worth every penny, especially in the summer heat
  • The Mechanix M-Pact gloves are nice, with the bit of 3D0 armor at the base of the palms. Can still control the mini remote
  • Moving phone to the right side (rear) pocket
  • Cargo shorts with no knee pads

Hey @Mattmccrary8 how’re you healing up?