3 wheel Frankenboard| C8080 70kv| 12s| VESC| MBS Matrix| Custom 9 layer vacuum press

Yes, the shite weather impedes my progress as well. This weekend looks nice tho :wink: I look forward to seeing your finished board with that 18650 pack.

that most likely wont be till august when i get my block leave.

So, I ran my specs for the build through the Superblog eboard calculator.

Battery and Motor Lipo cells - 12s Motor kv - 70 Efficiency - 80% Batt Volts - 44.4 Motor RPM - 3108 Weighted motor RPM - 2486

Gearing Motor pinion - 16t Wheel sprocket - 47t Wheel size - 280mm/11" Gear ratio - 2.94:1

Top speed calculations Top Speed - 34.70 mph / 55.84 kph Weighted Top Speed - 27.76 mph / 44.67 kph

I am really, really looking forward to this. This speed is a good start :smiling_imp:

Had some sun, got some paint and varnish done.

Wheel brackets, motor mount and chain tensioners. Two coats of black wheel paint, 2 coats of clear. Quick job, far from perfect, but they will work.

The board is now curing its second and final coat of boat spar varnish. First coat was diluted 5-10% with paint thinner. (Pics are before the quick 320 grit sand and second coat.)

6 Likes

enjoying that 22c weather.

fucking drinking time tonight

Absolutely! Cheers to that :beers:

Bravo l👀ks awesome…

You got yourself a winner :+1:t2::+1:t2::zap::zap::metal:t2::metal:t2:

It’s simple…parts look boss and will hold up…I’m sure with some fancy milling and colors…this I can see popping up … Look forward to more

Thanks for the compliments :grin:

1 Like

And maybe the best part…you get to use a figgin big ass motor!! :metal:t2:

1 Like

yeah, the whole design is for simplicity and speed. This build will only push the motor 50-60%, if I get a hold of an 18s controller at some point, it will be mental… :thumbsup: Go-kart tracks and race leathers then…

Can you do a dual rear motor mount? :thinking:

Maybe a offset KV?

woah, same principle as sequential turbos… yea, I like were your heads at! That is doable, replace the brake rotor with another sprocket… parallel motors. Adds complexity, but might be worth experimenting with. Would allow for shorter board length as well.

Can’t claim the idea - may want to refer to @lowGuido

uneven dual drive this involves the combination of a big motor and a small motor (in power not size) this is like a twin turbo high speed boost super fast! pros: low end torque combined with high end speed, super fast!! cons: expensive, heavy, still only roughly equivalent to single drive torque.

Well let me know when you got some sort of kit going … Would be a killer build…only issue would be the deck

Also have you looked in to using the freeboard bindings instead of the ones you have now? Getting clipped in seems to freak some people out…for me it would be like being strapped in to a bicycle…lol

I like those bindings. Almost ordered a set, just to test with. But the shipping was almost as much as the bindings. I might still get some. Might help with wheely control, once I get there… and still easy to bail out of.

I have more veneer and carbon fiber. I am going to laminate up a few more decks and experiment with length and stiffness. At some point, maybe next year if there is the interest, I want to offer anything from uncut pressed decks to rolling chassis minus motor/electronics. I will have to find someone to machine the mounts. Get some other builders on this platform and things would get interesting. If someone just wanted a deck uncut or shaped, I could probably hook them up earlier than that.

2 Likes

theres a whole thread about UDR drive

its the real deal… the UDR board has been up and running with no side effects for some time now.

1 Like

Haha, UDR board. I like the sound of that. Sounds like it’s created by Germans.

That is a very cool. No side effects? huh. That is some fine experimenting lowGuido :slight_smile:
It would be interesting to compare the powerband vs effiency of 1 large motor vs 2 UDR at the same wattage.