$400 Pre-build worth it?

Just saw that this was on sale because of a tax refund special thing. I’ve read that these boards tend to be very unreliable and not a quality product but for $400 is it worth getting? https://www.amazon.com/Genesis-Hellfire-Electric-Skateboard-Wheels/dp/B01MXC0MLH/ref=s9u_simh_gw_i1?_encoding=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=61KWNAD7Y2JQ27VCFX97&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=1cded295-23b4-40b1-8da6-7c1c9eb81d33&pf_rd_i=desktop

Short answer…No. do some searching and you will see a ton of people having issues.

Yeah ik :smile: but for $400 and I’m pretty sure they have a warranty in case you do have issues. I’m certainly not going to get it I’m pretty sure cause I don’t want to have a headache dealing with it lol. But I might be an option for someone looking to get into it on a super tight budget.

I saw a guy at the local skate shop with one of these. He was having problems with the battery mount. Seems like he was having trouble getting the batter to connect or stay connected. Be advised that even though you buy it on Amazon, If it’s bought and shipped by a 3rd party seller, Amazon will not stand behind it when there is a problem, They will refer you to the 3rd party seller.

I have seen some people make videos about getting these cheap boards then replacing the esc with a VESC. It makes a big difference, look it up.

@Namasaki I agree with avoiding third party sellers. This deal though is directly from Genesis so if you have any problems you would probably just go to them. You could also go directly to their website and get the deal too.

@Esrapp21 That’s interesting! I wonder if that would increase top speed too? I don’t think that would fix remote connectivity issues though so you would probably need to get a new remote and receiver. In the end it would probably just be better to avoid it altogether but it’s interesting that that is an option :smile:

Genesis is the third party seller. Amazon will not back your purchase.

Oh yeah I see what you mean now :smile: