4WD Heavy Duty Offroad Monster Board - VESC, c6364 sensored, 12S30Ah, 10kW

Each time this thread is commented on I re-look at this pic… :punch: :smiling_imp: cool build, really tight, from the wiring around the batteries, the seamless integration of the front light, the tire tread, to size, the deck… very slick! less is more…

This beast may be anything but not lightweight. I tried to build it as light as possible but it weights around 30kg naked and around 40kg with 3 stacks of batteries.

@Cobber: This was just evolution. We started with a MBS Pro 90, a MBS Core 94 a Next Redux and a Trampa Deck, mixed everything up and got my Raceboard, my Monster and my friends Trampenstein (in the picture above)…

3 Likes

ugly is beautiful… you should try a bikini :wink:

Im jealous of the big one :slight_smile: Can you explain how you arranged and connected the cells in your pack? Makes my vertical configuration with balance connectors look like childs play…:cry: :balloon:

As I’m lazy, I’m just linking to my other buildthread:

I have the same battery ‘dock connector’ on all of my builds which offers the possibility to simply switch batteries quick and easy from board to board or to stack them to the desired capacity.

1 Like

aha those stackable packs are nifty, I figured you had 18650s under the hood! no wonder the little one rips so much you got some serious amps your workn with

damn dog that looks pretty dope, we should ride together sometime, hit me up. I got a 4x4 too. skatemachines.com

Finally some snow:

12 Likes

Love it, you’re doing the opposite of what most people here do when it snows :smiley:

Any special waterproofing added or the same setup as in the original posts?

I love your idea on fenders. I was looking at 3D printing some. I may try a shot at bending aluminum like yours. I have similar size offroader.

Offroad drone fun:

10 Likes

What Lipos did you use on this (referring to brand)

He posted a link in another Build thread:

Any update since ? Its my dream to ride in the Quebec winter but l don’t find 200mm tire with enough spike to use ice studs ,

With 8“ that’s gonna be hard. You can start with 9“ wheels from @MBS

They definitely have enough meat for studs. 10“ would be even better, but than you need also hanger extension etc.

1 Like

Thats exactly what i was thinking.

Yes l know they exist but the wheel (five stars ) for theses tire are not compatible with 12mm axle

They are compatible if you use the 12mm ID bearings.

2 Likes

Great but they don’t sell them anymore and the 3 spoke are to much fragile for my taste

Thsn get the trampa 9“ megastar hubs.

1 Like