5663 Motor Recommendations

I ordered the KEDA 56-63 195KV Brushless Outrunner 6S 1500W for my longboard but since have learned that most people reccomment the 60 mm motors because of the torque. I have no need for alot of torque however as I live in Texas so theres no hills, and I am not concerned about accelerating fast. Is this still a viable motor? (Also there is no need to take into account the vesc 4.12 or version as I am using a replacement esc from ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/single-motor-electric-longboard-skateboard-controller-ESC-Substitute/302546263597?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=601544880980&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649) I was thinking about getting a higher kv 60 mm motor instead for that top speed, somewhere around 260 kv

All other factors aside, the higher the kv the more efficient the motor is, and the lower the amperage you use the longer everything will last. The best thing to do is get a high voltage pack battery and high kv motor, then gear it down at the wheel. That motor will be fine but getting a higher kv is definitely better

uhhh are you sure?

1 Like

Probably should have phrased that better. Motors with higher kv and lower torque will get more power out of the same size motor

1 Like

cool ill probably sqitch to the bigger motor and higher kv

@rookie_80

The KEDA 56-63 195KV is actually a 63mm motor.

Save your cash.

1 Like

ah wow i never thought of that, a 6355 is basically the same but the dimensions are opposite, thanks a ton!

Ummmm… I might be oversimplifying things but I think you get more torque out of a lower kv motor.

Higher kv = higher rpm, lower kv = increased torque.

195kv is probably at the high end of what most people on this forum are using. You may want to consider a lower kv motor, especially if you are going to run a single motor setup.

1 Like